Why Fraser Health?:
We hire great people for great jobs and need your help to expand the ability to deliver prompt and professional service. We are looking for a Representative to provide service excellence in our very busy Human Resources Consulting Services. Your enthusiasm will help you when connecting with employees as you assist them with human resources enquiries.
Bring your resourcefulness and effective Collective Agreement knowledge to a role where you can really make a difference! As a Full Time Representative, you will provide service and support centered on the employees and managers of Fraser Health applying Human Resource policies and procedures. Reporting to the Leader of HR Consulting Services, this role will support the teams in New Westminster, BC at Royal Columbian Hospital.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization ?WHO? approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.Detailed Overview :
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Supports the provision of Human Resources to employees, managers and Human Resources/Organization staff by assessing customer needs and applying Human Resource Policies and Procedures and Collective Agreement provisions; initiates and maintains computerized databases; provides advice and clarification/interpretation of collective agreements; provides administrative support to department; composes and completes human resources and labour relations related documentation. Responsibilities:
- Participates in human resource management issues by dealing directly with manager/employee enquiries or issues regarding matters such as displacement and bumping processes, and their associated databases and administration; performs routine research by compiling, analyzing, summarizing and interpreting personnel related data.
- Carries out grievance research; collates and prepares information as directed by HR Client Partner and processes grievance settlements, displacement and bumping events tracking.
- Prepares displacement information and conducts displacement meetings to provide available options to employees.
- Initiates, maintains and updates computerized and manual record keeping systems including vacancy tracking, labour relations and grievance tracking; produces relevant reports.
- Provides advice and clarification/interpretation of collective agreements and responses to general queries.
- Composes and completes routine and confidential human resource and labour relations related documentation such as letters regarding displacements, appointments and other HR forms.
- Acts as receptionist for the department by answering telephones and providing assistance to visitors, employees, department heads and external agencies, screens and actions incoming mail.
- Provides confidential administrative support duties such as determining urgency of requests and advising relevant Client Partners, co-ordinating meetings, arranging for meeting rooms, gathering statistical information and preparing a variety of reports.
- May take, prepare and distribute minutes for meetings such as monthly labour management meetings.
- Maintains departmental manuals and libraries, provides input and implements departmental operating procedures; orders office supplies as necessary.
Diploma in Human Resource Management and two (2) years' recent, related experience, preferably from within the healthcare industry or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of human resource practices and relevant collective agreements.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods and procedures.
- A minimum of 40 w.p.m. typing.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.