COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada's mandate that all federally-regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status, as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: 94904
- Department: Law
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 20-30%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 05/09/2022
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Communications Advisor you will develop accurate, relevant and compelling internal and external communications. This incudes, but is not limited to speaking engagements, presentations, publications, videos and digital/web in support of CP's reputation, credibility and investment value among key stakeholder groups: employees, customers, shareholders/investors, media and the general public.
- Please note this is a one-year fixed term contract position with a possibility of extension.
- Manage key internal and external communications strategies and initiatives;
- Support the development of various corporate communications and marketing materials;
- Support marketing campaign development through conceptualization and copywriting;
- Develop corporate messaging, marketing and corporate content for publications such as CP's annual report, fact book, intranet, employee communications app, employee magazine, social channels and web, coordinating common messaging and corporate positions to ensure a consistent internal and external story, image and brand;
- Manage photo and video content creation, including the development of concepts for visual and written components: story outline/script writing, shot lists/storyboarding, budget and communications planning;
- Support senior leaderships' participation in public speaking engagements, including speech writing, presentation creation and preparation for question and answer sessions, with a focus on increasing awareness and understanding of CP's performance.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications/Journalism/Marketing;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in corporate communications or business/financial journalism;
- Knowledge of business and financial communications;
- Knowledge of railway or transportation industry would be considered an asset;
- Professionalism in engaging at an executive level;
- Proven coordination skills, comfortable coordinating individuals at all levels in the organization;
- Experience in managing vendor relationships;
- Capable of advising on the development of visual design/creative (experience with Adobe Creative Suite is considered an asset);
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a high-functioning, deadline-driven, team environment;
- Skilled researcher and fact checker;
- Strong writing and information processing ability;
- Awareness of current events, business developments and trending topics;
- Highly organized and attention to detail;
- Strong presentation and PowerPoint development skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").