Job OpenedMarch 31st, 2022
EducationAssociate's Degree/College Diploma
About Hudson's Bay:
As North America's oldest startup and Canada's purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need an inclusive team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram
Day in the Life:
We're looking for a graphic designer to join the Content and Creative team at The Bay. This person will play an integral role in how The Bay shows up in the world - designing everything from daily Instagram content to digital media campaigns and web banners, amongst other things. They will be responsible for supporting the marketing team through designing compelling marketing stories and ads. This role requires great design skills, attention to detail and a modern aesthetic for across channels.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase the diversity of our products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
- Follow projects from concept to final approval ensuring integrity of creative concept is kept in focus throughout
- Execute top quality design work in line with The Bay's standards across a variety of mediums that support The Bay's marketing efforts
- Use effective time management and organizational skills to maintain effective workflow and meet deadlines
- Assist other designers with projects as required
- Participate constructively in content brainstorms, work sessions, and planning
- Design emails, social posts, site banners, print and ad materials to support HBC across channels
- Ensure proper sign off process-proofreads and verifies content & specs for all projects assigned
- Ensure creative/concept transfers effectively into French language and Bilingual versions
- Solve creative and communicative issues based on brief
- Work effectively with outside suppliers such as photographers and printers when required
What You Will Need:
- A degree in Graphic Design or an equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
- 3 or more years experience in graphic design in a marketing environment
- Proven ability to produce high quality creative work and an acute understanding of design, including typography and layout
- Motion/Gif skills a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the digital environment - including files, formats and best practices
- Knowledge of pre-press file preparation including font management and support file links a plus
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud on Mac platform
- Strong time management skills
- Branding experience (icon development, logo development)
- Possesses a strong creative point of view and takes initiative to drive projects forward
- Loves systems thinking and finding ways to still achieve excellence
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills
- Collaborative, creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A constant curiosity and passion for design; keeps a finger on the pulse of the industry
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.