COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada's mandate that all federally-regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status, as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: 94153
- Department: Sales & Marketing
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel:
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 4
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 04/30/2022
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
The Advisor, Marketing Communication leads in the development and implementation of brand and marketing strategies and campaigns that connect CP's lines of business with external markets and audiences. Collaborating with a highly-skilled team, this role is responsible for planning, development and implementation of advertising campaigns and marketing communications activities across all channels including traditional, digital/social, video/photography, marketing collateral and toolkits. Provides strategic support to internal stakeholders, ensures consistent execution of the CP brand across all channels.
- Lead in the development and implementation of marketing communication strategies. Includes planning, developing and executing marketing and advertising campaigns and activities across all channels (e.g., web/digital/social, paid advertising, photography/video, broadcast and print/collateral) for corporate communications and lines of business.
- Work collaboratively with the Advisor, Digital Marketing, supporting content marketing objectives and digital marketing activities (e.g., social media, email campaigns, SEO/paid search/keyword buys and media/data analysis). Also, review campaign reporting and analytics, leveraging insights and turning them into actionable recommendations and strategies that improve overall performance.
- Manage priorities and workflow, working in partnership with other members within the Communications and Media relations team.
- Ensure all marketing and communications materials, activities and messaging adhere to CP's Brand Guide. Also acts as an ambassador to educate internal stakeholders on the importance of consistent branding.
- Work closely with internal and external resources in the development of website content, including campaign landing pages.
- Work closely with external contractors and marketing agencies, and ensures all activities meet marketing communications objectives and business needs.
- Provide strategic guidance and counsel to support to CP's Sales and Marketing teams in the development and implementation of effective marketing and advertising programs that support revenue targets and business objectives. Includes researching the most effective channels and tactics to achieve marketing communications objectives.
- Provide branding and strategic marketing advice to internal stakeholders (e.g., Sales and Marketing, Sponsorships and Events, Investor Relations, Human Resources and Safety) when assessing and implementing sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
- Provide strategic marketing and implementation support for CP programs (including CPWO, CP Has Heart, Spin for a Vet, Home Safe and CP's Holiday Train).
- Development and implementation of CP publications and assets (e.g. Annual Report, Investor Fact Book, corporate PowerPoint templates and maps.)
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Advertising and/or PR/Communications.
- 5-7 years in a marketing communications role; ideally within a business-to-business company and/or advertising agency experience.
- Progressive experience in leading and implementing business-to-business marketing and advertising strategies, campaigns and tactics.
- Well-versed in executing effective marketing campaigns across all (traditional/digital) channels.
- Proficient in leading and overseeing photography, videography and digital animation projects.
- Experience in overseeing website development projects to integrate new (plug-in) solutions and/or enhancements.
- Experienced in managing website content changes using CMS platforms (e.g. MS SharePoint, Sitecore).
- Highly organized and detail oriented; adept at managing multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Strong analytical skills with proven expertise in budgeting, campaign measurement, analytics and reporting.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, and experience in graphic design/production using Canva and Adobe Photoshop strongly desired.
- Familiarity and experience managing web and social media channels, tools, applications and techniques an asset.
- Sponsorships and event planning experience an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Service-oriented and committed to building effective working relationships.
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong project management skills.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Flexible Work Environment
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").