Communications Coordinator - Marketing and Communications Division
Job Number : 43511
Do you have the ?write? stuff? The Edmonton Public Library (EPL) is looking for a remarkable writer, marketer and project manager to join our marketing and communications team. We are a small and mighty team with big ideas. If you are energetic, have a passion for building a stron online community and creating engaging social media content, like a variety of projects and thrive on change, we need you to help spread the words about all the great programs and services available at our amazing library.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will support the execution of EPL's marketing communications plan and tactics. Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and executing EPL's social media strategy and supporting it's presence in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Assisting in the development of EPL's advertising campaigns including online, print, radio and outdoor.
- Writing, editing and proofing internal and external communications including EPL newsletters, blogs and content marketing pieces as well as supporting the development of other print and electronic collateral pieces as needed.
- Contributing to EPL's public and staff websites including writing, editing and updating content.
- Supporting EPL's digital communications strategy; working with EPL's Digital Marketing Specialist on multimedia projects like customer testimonials, and videos.
- Helping to plan and execute large system-wide projects including fundraising events and branch openings.
- Overseeing the planning, development and execution of small and medium scale marketing and communications campaigns.
- Related post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A minimum of one year of directly related experience in a large public sector, institutional or commercial organization is required.
- Experience with managing social meida channels including paid ads (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) is required.
- Experience with web editing tools (e.g. Drupal, Word Press) and mass email platforms (e.g. Mail Chimp, Industry Mailout, Constant Contact) is preferred.
What do you need to bring to this position?
- Strong writing, editing and revision skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Effective project management abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities at work.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a team-oriented environment combined with ability to work independently to complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of CP Style guide.
- Above average working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Above average working knowledge of social media monitoring and reporting tools like Sprout Social.
- Working knowledge of advanced computer programs like Adobe Photoshop and Creative Suite is preferred.
Who we are:
The secret ingredient for making EPL a magical place is no secret at all; in fact, it's very simple: We share. We share stories, ideas, and experiences. We share with our customers, our communities, and ourselves. We are Edmonton's largest lender of all manner of information and entertainment.
This position regularly has a weekday schedule; occasional evening and weekend shifts are required. Marketing and Communications Division employees are subject to variable hours of work as per the Collective Agreement and shift length and scheduling may vary based on operational needs.
$28.77 - $36.73 per hour*
- Approximately $52,579 - $67,105 per annum based on a 35 hour work week.
Shift differential may apply in accordance with the terms and conditions of the CSU 52 Collective Agreement.
Classification Title : Professional Services 1
Posting Date : Apr 21, 2022
Closing Date : May 1, 2022, 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to) : 1 - Permanent Full-time
Union : CSU 52
Department : Edmonton Public Library
Work Location(s) :
MNP Tower, 700, 10235 101 Street NW
Edmonton T5J 3G1