What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the role is responsible for executing core HR Operation processes including but not limited to employee data management, employee lifecycle management, payroll and benefits administrations, equity program, and support on HR projects and activities.
We are looking for a strong communications and program specialist, to join the IMAX People Team, and help support the creation and delivery of the People Strategic plan and People Programming and contribute to a great Employee Experience for the Employees.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering People program management excellence on key strategic initiatives through thoughtful planning, cross functional communication and execution. The successful candidate should be able to oversee the impacts, interdependencies and timelines between functional teams and work to ensure project initiatives meet the goals and objectives set forth by the People leadership team.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and maintain project documentation as it relates to the strategic People Plan.
- Thoroughly understanding the people programs and assist in managing the people calendar associated with the key milestones and conducting post implementation reviews to report on and track results.
- Use critical thinking skills to anticipate and manage potential risks that will arise. Communicate these to the stakeholders on a regular basis and ensure decisions are made quickly and effectively.
- Build and foster relationships with key stakeholders and business partners
- Facilitate communication & coordination within teams and internal & external stakeholders of assigned projects.
- Interface with all departments impacted by the assigned initiative and coordinate cross functional activities.
- Deliver communication campaigns and narratives that drive understanding of People initiatives and its priorities through the creation of communications plans, targeted written communications and select internal media delivery vehicles.
- Change Management Strategy & Execution - Work with People teams to develop strategic and thoughtful change management and communications plans related Strategic People plans
- Prepare Key Presentations & Communications - Develop and execute communications for strategic programs, organizational updates, quarterly team meetings, kick off executive presentations, and more.
- Partner with internal communications to coordinate internal Global People communications
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years' experience as project or program manager
- Experience in managing a group of simultaneous initiatives, with exceptional time management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of proven industry standard Project Management approaches.
- Creativity, flexibility, and an ability to manage time and reset priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong skill sets, in areas of time management, analytical thinking and problem solving, collaboration and communication, presentation and facilitation, negotiation and relationship building and proficient probing, listening and positioning skills.
- PMP Certification nice to have
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication style to multiple audiences, including negotiation, presentations, build relationships and influence others
- Proven track record in working cross functionally to develop program plans and executing on them
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Has a deeply curious mindset about new ideas.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
- Experience in working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Ability to help refine requirements for implementation
- Post-secondary education (diploma/degree) preferably in HR or Communications
Our Commitment to you:
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
Before you start with IMAX, all employment is subject to background and reference checks. Additionally, our Canada employees are subject to our mandatory Covid-19 vaccine policy.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.