A LITTLE ABOUT US
Oyster is on a mission to create a more equal world by making it possible for companies everywhere to hire people anywhere.
In 2021, we grew rapidly, raising over $70 million in both Series A and Series B rounds and increasing our team size by nearly 10x. And we're just getting started!
As a fully distributed startup, we've built an incredibly strong leadership team and employee base across 50+ countries (and counting!). We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work. We live on our platform, and we're passionate about improving our product every day.
Hiring people internationally is complicated - engineering, legal, finance, operations, and HR processes all interact to make it happen. We'd like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We're an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups - the world over.
The Role ?
You will be our second Sales Manager in the fast-growing team to target the high-growth segment. The team will have a geographical focus on territories in the US. You will help companies fully realize the value of the Oyster platform for their distributed team needs. You will set ambitious but achievable goals and help your team hit them. As a manager, it will be your responsibility to define the strategy and assign resources to meet your revenue targets. You will recruit, onboard, and mentor team members. You should have a good understanding of Salesforce CRM and be able to spot trends, translating them into actions.
You also will work closely with the broader Sales, Marketing, BDR, and Sales Ops teams and be responsible for driving teamwork and communication to achieve the best results!
You will be obsessed and driven by our customers' experience and their success!
What you'll do...
- Accurately forecast the performance of your team
- Plan resources and hire a diverse team
- Build a strategy to identify high-potential strategic accounts across different geographical regions and different company tiers, develop them and convert into Oyster clients
- Promote team collaboration, inclusion, and a high-performance culture
- Become an authority on all things Oyster
- Onboard new hires to achieve proficiency in the product and the sales process
- Continuously focus on mentoring the sales team via group and 1:1 sessions to provide feedback to team members to continually improve
- Attend sales calls and help craft and improve cadences and email campaigns to drive better results
- Help develop sales playbooks to increase close rate and sales efficiency
- Deliver and overachieve sales revenue goals & increase team performance
- Work with Sales and Marketing to identify target accounts and draft a plan to win them all.
- Work with Content and Marketing teams to develop prospecting messaging that is effective and represents our brand
- Work with Account Management and Customer Success teams to ensure smooth account handover and service delivery
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of sales management experience
- 2 years of Account Executive experience
- Experience working in an early stage start-up environment. HR tech is a plus!
- Experience building out early sales team processes
You'll also need...
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
Working at Oyster ??
Check out our public notion pages to find out more about what it's like to work at Oyster:
- Welcome to Oyster!
- Mission, Vision, Values at Oyster
- Why Oyster is a Distributed Company
- How We Work Together at Oyster
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive compensation package
- Fully flexible hours
- 40 days of time off, including public holidays
- Paid parental leave. We believe that it is healthy and important to take time off to welcome a new family member, and we encourage each employee to take advantage of this benefit!
- Work From Home setup budget (see details at Equipment at Oyster)
- Wellness and wellbeing support through PlummHealth and Juno
- Private Health Insurance (if you want it)
- Time off for volunteering