Reports to: Regional Manager, West Canada
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Your Opportunity at ARC'TERYX:
As the Community Marketing Manager for B.C., you will drive the brand presence in your region through community marketing: sponsorship, social, events, and PR. You will collaborate with the brand marketing team to develop the yearly strategic direction for the Community Marketing program. Through networking with regional organizations, ambassadors, clubs, climbing gyms, local businesses/associations, non profit organizations, and B2B retail partners in your region, you will be the brand activator within your local community to help inspire participation in outdoor activities and increase brand understanding throughout the market.
Meet Your Future Team:
The Community Marketing Manager leads the community marketing efforts for their region and collaborates closely with the Regional Manager, passionate retail store teams, all market stakeholders, NA Community Director, and head office brand and marketing teams. You are a true brand ambassador, consistently driving engagement with the brand. You are deeply connected to what is happening within your community, and are passionate about connecting the dots between people, projects, and events in alignment with Arc'teryx vision and values.
Is this job open to relocation? Not at this time
Will there be Visa support? Not at this time
Can this job be hired remote? Must be located in Greater Vancouver
If you were the Community Marketing Manager now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Leading community marketing strategy & leadership for all brand and outlet Arc'teryx stores in British Columbia
- Scheduling content for, and engaging with the community through regional social media platforms and ensuring all content is regionally relevant and aligns with the global consumer calendar
- Partnering with local B2B retail partners on community marketing activations
- Planning and executing local advertising campaigns to reach endemic and adjacent audiences
- Managing the community marketing budget for your region and reporting back on all initiatives
- Recruiting and collaborating with a team of ambassadors and influencers on events, social media, and philanthropic work in your market
- Creating and delivering in season community briefs to regional teams
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Consulting and developing a process for onboarding new ambassadors, marketing leads and strategic partners
- Delivering community onboarding in partnership with regional teams for new retail leaders
- Developing engaging activations to celebrate new store openings
- Coaching brand store Marketing Leads, and developing them towards future roles
- You have 5+ years' experience in Marketing, or Retail Marketing for sports or outdoor apparel companies
- You have a strong knowledge of the outdoor retail and community landscape for your region
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills, and a clear understanding of your impact
- You have strong project management and planning experience
- You have proven ability to set a clear vision, align your team around common goals and foster commitment to these objectives
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You seek the best (not necessarily the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- Your passion for leading is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc'teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.