Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job ID : 5400
Category : Human Resources
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : London, Canada
Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that's in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
At Definity, the Talent Acquisition team plays an integral role in ensuring our business has key talent needed for the ambitious goals and growth of the company. You play a key role in finding, attracting, and hiring the best people for the right roles at the right time. As a Talent Acquisition Specialist you'll hire for one or more of our growing lines of business and support hiring for roles like underwriters, actuaries, complex insurance roles and cross functional roles critical to supporting horizontal operations of the business. We're looking for someone who is passionate and dedicated to the candidate and hiring manager experience and who is relentless when it comes to finding the absolute best talent for the role. The Talent Acquisition team is a critical function at Definity and you will play a key role in helping define who are future employees are.
What can you expect in this role?
- As a natural hunter of talent, you will work with hiring leaders and the HR team to deliver full cycle recruitment including developing and deploying proactive sourcing and selection strategies to ensure Economical is hiring the best talent based on knowledge, skills, experiences, and alignment to our culture.
- In collaboration with hiring leaders, you will use your creativity to come up with multi-pronged sourcing strategies to meet hiring needs.
- You will use behavioral interviewing techniques and expertise to provide support and counsel to hiring managers throughout the selection process.
- With your understanding of how to leverage social media and recruiting tools, you will attract talent from a direct sourcing perspective and build talent pipelines.
- The employment brand ambassador in you will lead you to identify & participate in industry networking activities to ensure a robust talent pipeline at all times
- Continuously look to improve the end-to-end talent acquisition process with speed to hire, quality of hire, pipeline management client management
- Dedication to building diverse teams. You understand that a diverse team outperforms a homogeneous one, and that it takes active work to build a diverse pool of candidates. You have a history of helping your team members prioritize diverse representation through their work.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or college diploma in a related program.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in talent acquisition specifically in developing and executing proactive sourcing strategies and recruitment programs.
- Innovative mindset, bold thinking and a creative approach to sourcing talent is a must. Inquisitive and research orientated.
- Proven ability to develop and execute proactive sourcing strategies that build the candidate pipeline and guide the recruitment process to closure.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, collaborate with and influence hiring leaders while building strong relationships with internal stakeholders and candidates...
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills to present alternative solutions and minimize high-risk situations.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don't have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot - you deserve it, and we've got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company shares ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: (email protected)
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).