- Do you have a knowledge of securities law, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance?
- Are you known for your diligence, attention to detail and ability to collaborate?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal skills?
We are looking for a paralegal who loves a challenge, wants to innovate and would like to experience personal growth as part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary team.
The incumbent will provide technical support with transactional files, participate in overseeing certain Bank financing programs and help ensure compliance with governance best practices.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Partnerships, Treasury and Innovation in the Bank's Legal Affairs department.
THE TEAM'S MISSION:
- Participate in capital and covered bond issues, as well as in the Bank's securitization, term financing and institutional deposit-taking operations.
- Participate in the Bank's merger and acquisition transactions and investments.
- Participate in the renewl process for offer documents related to certain Bank financing programs and ensure they are filed with the various regulatory authotities
- Monitor the industry in order to understand and anticipate trends in securities law, banking regulations and financing activities in the banking industry.
YOUR MAIN CHALLENGES AS A PARALEGAL:
- Coordinate/organize meetings of internal monitoring committees.
- Participate in the due diligence process on a quarterly basis and in a transactional context.
- Contribute to quarterly and annual certification processes.
- Ensure resolutions for financing programs are updated.
- Support the legal advisors when it comes to the Bank's financing activities, including preparing documents related to securities investments and private placements.
- Participate in renewing the Bank's offer documents and carrying out regulatory filings.
- Support the legal advisors with the bank's merger and acquisition transactions and investments, including preparing transaction closing sessions and related documentation.
- Help achieve business objectives and the team's mission.
- Be bold, innovative, and proactive in your work environment, in particular by making recommendations aimed at improving the quality of services, systems, and processes.
- Help create an inclusive and stimulating work environment for everyone in order to have a positive impact on our clients and the community.
- Learn and share your knowledge.
- College diploma in paralegal studies and at least two years of experience
- Excellent writing skills, (essential)
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English/French), (essential)
- Experience in a legal department, (an asset)
- Experience in securities, (an asset)
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions,(an asset)
- Diligence and attention to detail in preparing and processing documents
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
Ready to join a team that makes a difference? Want to have a positive impact? Submit your application today!
Upon hiring, you will be eligible for a wide range of benefits. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer attractive benefits for you and your family:
- Health and wellness program, including many benefits
- Flexible group insurance
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and family assistance program
- Preferred banking services
- Volunteer program
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are just a few of the many benefits we offer. We've rolled out a number of additional measures to ensure your health, safety and wellbeing during the pandemic.
We're putting people first
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?