This is a temporary full-time assignment for approximately 12 months.
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System - and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada's leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health's People Plan - which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our Capital Redevelopment department at our Mount Sinai Hospital Campus.
The Administrative Assistant is an integral member of the Capital Development team (RPO), supporting the Director, Capital Development and RPO in the planning and execution of redevelopment projects, including Renew Sinai Phase 3A, a significant capital project involving the renovation of over 30% of the existing Mount Sinai Hospital facility. To be successful in this role, you will have superior organizational, communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare written correspondence, reports and presentations using the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher)
- Coordinate, schedule and organize meetings, including meetings involving groups with membership external to the Sinai Health System, as well as various project committees
- Prepare and issue agendas and minutes for meetings as required
- Complete timesheets (using the Hospital's Dayforce application) for RPO and liaise with Human Resources and Payroll as required
- Monitor and respond to the general RPO email and phone lines, fielding calls and directing requests and inquiries to the appropriate RPO team member
- Organize and maintain the RPO digital filing system
- Coordinate and arrange construction site visits for various Hospital users, programs and departments, including the Sinai Health Foundation
- Monitor and document control procedures to ensure appropriate storage of critical project documents
- Assist in developing tools, manuals, guidelines, policies, templates, forms and Intranet information to support departmental activities and processes
- Perform quality management and administrative activities to ensure the efficient operation of the department
- Manage and track invoicing and payment activities for RPO projects and internal expenditures, including receiving, logging and directing invoices to the appropriate RPO team member, and processing approved invoices for submission to Accounts Payable for payment
- Assists RPO team members with the development of Requests for Information/Qualification and Requests for Proposal documents to secure consultants for a wide variety of redevelopment projects
- Assists in the synthesis of user input and feedback to ensure gaps, impacts, or areas of overlap are identified and addressed through the appropriate forum to minimize impact on the outcome of projects
- Ensures that all contractors have the appropriate documentation and approvals to undertake work
- Maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders, contractors, consultants and others on projects
- Helps to ensure that project procurement activities are conducted in accordance with the Health System's policies
- Other general office-related duties as required (photocopying, supply orders, etc.
- Degree or diploma in Office Administration from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 2 years of recent and related experience, preferably working within a large and complex healthcare environment
- Applicants with proven equivalent recent and related training and experience will be considered
- Proficiency and creativity with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, Publisher)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2007 or higher is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project 2010 or higher is considered an asset
- Superior organization and problem-solving skills
- Possess strong investigative and analytical skills to problem-solve and resolve conflicts
- Able to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent time management skills with a strong ability to prioritize effectively and able to follow through on deliverables and meet tight timelines
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and time constraints
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history