RMH BC & Yukon is looking for a full-time permanent Marketing Manager to join our amazing team. As anintegral part of the development & communications team, reporting to the VP, External Relations & Development, the Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the needs of the organization with all aspects of marketing and communications, growing awareness and brand understanding for the organization.
- Working with the VP, Development & Communications, Development Directors, and external agencies to manage comprehensive and integrated marketing and PR campaigns.
- Managing a robust donor relations program in partnership with the Development Directors, working closely with partner organizations' marketing teams to ensure creative and frequent recognition. This includes stewardship communications, the annual report and other relevant and timely stakeholder engagement pieces.
- Responsible for maintaining RMH BC's brand image inside and outside the organization.
- Manage RMH BC's main communication channels including website, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram, You Tube and Tik Tok to ensure growth is achieved and engagement remains high.
- Manage relationships with RMH's partner agencies, and contractors.
- Work closely with our partners at McDonald's Restaurants of Canada to ensure we are well represented within the systems and processes that are available to our Owner/Operators throughout BC and the Yukon.
- Contribute to and develop speaking notes, holding statements, message maps, letters, decks, and other collateral.
- Investigate and imagine new opportunities to tell our story within BC & the Yukon in alignment with our strategic imperatives.
- Leading and collaborating with volunteers whether on committees, in the House or at our numerous events.
- Leading a small team internally and influencing others cross functionally and externally to meet and exceed objectives.
- Manages the marketing budget.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of marketing programs by understanding target groups and attitudes. Develops new or improved marketing programs, policies and procedures-based market evaluation, best practices, and research.
- Speaking as a representative of the House at various community events and engagements as required.
Who you are
- You are a creative thinker able to quickly develop solutions to challenges. You are detail-oriented with exceptional planning, organizational and time management skills. You are flexible and enjoy working in and contribute to a fast-paced and fun, purpose driven team atmosphere.
- Aligned with the mission and values of Ronald McDonald House BC. Ability to represent the House with a polished, positive, and professional demeanor and attitude at all times.
- Demonstrated budget planning and financial management experience.
- Calm under pressure, able to multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to long-term relationship building with donors, partners, and volunteers.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, from time to time.
- Ability to travel to meetings within BC and to events and conferences within North America.
- Attend RMH sponsored events as well as selected other activities conducted for the benefit of RMH BC.
What you will bring
- A degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of related work experience, developing and executing integrated marketing and communications strategies that produce results
- Experience with marketing and communications in support of fundraising objectives an asset
- Strong oral communication and exemplary writing skills, including copywriting, promotional writing, business writing, web, social media and editing
- Excellent prioritizing skills, with ability to adapt to changing priorities and juggle multiple demands with competing timelines
- A self-starter with the ability to initiate projects and see them through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments and decisions, and create action plans based on information discovered
- Creative problem solver, with the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Experience producing materials by working with designers and print/production vendors
- Tech savvy with strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience and skill with Adobe suite
- Team player with a professional demeanor; positive and outgoing personality.
About RMH BC & Yukon
Since 1983, Ronald McDonald House BC & Yukon has provided a home-away-from-home for out of town families with children who have been diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses and are receiving treatment at BC Children's Hospital. The House provides a nurturing and supportive environment where families can heal together. In addition, we operate a 2,000 square foot Family Room in Surrey Memorial Hospital, providing families a medical-free space to rest and retreat while steps away from their child.
The second largest House in Canada and the fifth largest in the world, RMHBC will continue to grow to meet the needs of families in BC and Yukon through the addition of Family Rooms and a focus on expanding our reach throughout the communities we serve.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please note: all successful candidates will be required to undergo a vulnerable sector criminal record check.