That's why we empower our employees to continuously grow their professional careers with QFG. We believe in having a diverse, inclusive place to work and our flexible working arrangements brings that to life so you can unleash your creativity. Our values are a part of our DNA, and we care deeply about our people helping us fulfill our mission and become an important part of our community. We are always looking for like-minded professionals to join our team. Come grow with us.
The purpose of this role is to help us build and nurture an online community of Questrade customers across all social channels. This role will help us launch our master brand and new business lines on social media, helping resolve issues for our growing audience and cultivating positive sentiment in online communities.
What's it like working as a Social Media Manager at Questrade?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Content Strategy, the primary duties of this role will be to help build brand awareness and affinity for Questrade by monitoring and managing online conversations and supporting Questrade customers on online social channels.
This is a role that touches a number of teams throughout the organization, and requires strong partnerships with our Product Management, Brand, Design, Data and Analytics, Marketing Communications, Customer Service, and Customer Loyalty & Relationship teams to be able to identify and troubleshoot issues for our customers.
The work of the individual in this role will result in enhancing the overall perception of the Questrade brand across all channels. This individual will help us build an industry-leading online social media support presence that helps to bring financial security and success within reach of all Canadians.
Success in this role will be measured by:
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics for our social channels
- Maintaining and exceeding service level agreements for customer response speed
- Defining online brand and sentiment metrics, and growing those metrics
- Demonstrating our mission of caring deeply for the financial success and security of Canadians in on the social media space
- Overall quality of delivered content Need more details? Keep reading...
In this role, you will have a passion for Questrade's unique position in the market and bring the brand to life in unexpected, creative ways that demand attention and raise awareness and affinity. You will lead our response on any social media crisis. You will be the custodian of Questrade's online brand reputation - helping to monitor and improve brand sentiment. You will help build the community of our customers online through authentic engagement. You will help launch new business lines through owned social properties and support the maintenance of the Questrade brand. You will monitor social content to ensure quality, clarity and consistency in accordance with Questrade brand standards and ensure that our social messaging across all channels supports the overall Questrade mission and the customer value proposition. You will optimize content according to best practices for each social channel. You will support lead gen and marketing programs with social content designed to increase market and revenue share.
You will support the Brand team in online PR efforts from a social media standpoint. You will work with other members of the creative team (designers and developers) to bring the Questrade social content to life. You will always ensure that content in any form follows the 4 E's (easy to understand, easy to use, easy to buy, and easy to get service). You will write content on an as-needed basis. You will be research and data driven and use available research data to drive effective content that will attract the audience's attention and earn their trust.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or digital media
- You have 3-5 years' experience in social media marketing management (including both content creation and channel management)
- You have knowledge of all Social Media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Google & more
- You have knowledge of social media trends, both in our industry and across industries
- You have experience working online with a set brand voice and tone
- You have knowledge of Google Reviews and app reviews
- You have knowledge of analytics, tracking and social media monitoring
- You have experience creating and maintaining a social media content calendar
- You have strong mentoring and leadership skills
- You have very strong organization and prioritization skills
- You have the ability to work within tight and/or changing deadlines
- You have effective relationship building skills with the ability to work well at all levels of an organization and interact confidently with senior management
- You have a mindset of curiosity that seeks to understand what audiences consume on social media and how best to provide it to them
- You have a customer centric attitude
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- You have strong presentation skills and ability to rationalize ideas to stakeholders
- You have the ability to ideate and execute quickly
- You have experience nurturing and growing a social audience
- You have insane attention to details
- You have an understanding of data and how to use data to perform analysis and make informed decisions
- You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality deliverables
Brownie points if...
- You have brokerage or financial services experience
- You have experience building and/or launching a brand on social media
- You have a keen interest and knowledge of the markets
- You are proficient in French
- You have completed the Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
Sounds like you? Click below to apply!
At Questrade Financial Group of Companies, with multiple office locations around the world, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and accessible work environment. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings, and believe that when our teams feel supported and motivated, their creativity becomes a source of innovation. We are also committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and also one which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and operate in to help us revolutionize financial services for the benefit of all of our customers. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment/selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your