Senior Agile Program Manager (Finance, HR)
Job ID : 5072
Category : Enterprise Project Management Office
Brand : Economical
Regular/Temporary : Regular
Fulltime/Parttime : Full Time
Location : Toronto, Canada
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Can a 150-year-old company think outside the box? Count on it. Deep experience is our springboard for innovation, whether that's in how we work with our broker network, how we serve our customers, or how we support our employees.
Economical is part of Definity, a Canadian, multi-channel, property and casualty insurance company whose success is founded on our family of companies' long history of delivering a superior experience for those who count on us. We're proud to help our customers, broker partners, employees, and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change. Our success in transforming into a digital leader in our industry is driven by a talented and engaged team with a passion for innovation and high performance.
Role Location: Hybrid
What can you expect in this role?
The Senior Agile Program Manager works with business and technical teams to deliver LARGE-sized enterprise level initiatives that support Economical's corporate Finance and HR functions.
- Provide leadership for LARGE-sized, complex implementations of Finance and HR systems (such as Oracle, SAS..) with an annual spend of $5M-$15M. Programs will encompass multiple work steams, teams (business and technology) and vendors leveraging both Agile and Traditional project practices. This includes daily management of Agile Project Managers, vendors and their project team deliverables, managing program level interdependencies and reallocating team resources across the program to achieve targeted results.
- Work with Product Owners and Sponsors to develop, maintain and prioritize the Program level MVP scope. Provide expertise in optimal decision-making; engage other stakeholders as needed for consultation and guidance throughout course of program.
- Manage internal and external costs at the program level to ensure work deliverables do not exceed stated budget. Where required, seek additional funding through established change request processes.
- Develop the Integrated Sprint plan and establish and lead Agile ceremonies to support interdependency management across multiple project streams and teams.
- Manage execution of the Integrated Sprint Plan, identify and resolve program level blockers, issues, conflicts and impediments creating an actional plan to resolve and/or escalate issues to executive sponsors as needed. Act as an escalation point for Agile Project Managers to resolve blockers. Report to executive level leaders daily/weekly on status of resolution.
- Collaborate with other areas in the organization to increase efficiencies and remove risks to successful deployment. Ensure all aspects of the program are in place to ensure a successful launch including Release Management, and Operational (Technology and Business) Readiness.
- Compile and deliver accurate reporting on program progress, using deep knowledge of tools such as JIRA, Confluence; Communicate reporting clearly and accurately with all stakeholders and represent to executive level sponsors to provide ongoing updates on progress, risks and general project/delivery health status tailoring the vocabulary and content to the audience.
- Work with Agile Project managers, and other areas in the organization to optimize the delivery model and agile practices to ensure that programs are delivered as effectively as possible with a goal of increasing speed to market and improving business value.
- Work in the capacity of, or with support from, the Agile Coach to increase Agile adoption within the program, influence change and increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation.
What do you bring to the role?
- University degree or college diploma in a related discipline
- Certification in Agile and Project Management, including PMI PMP, Agile Certification, Certified Scrum Master, and other professional designations; hands-on experience in Jira/Confluence but also familiarity with MS-Project type of traditional tools
- Experience in leading Finance & HR programs with multiple work streams and yearly budgets of $5M-$15M. Relevant work delivering Oracle e-Business suite products - ERP/HCM/IFRS solutions
- At least 5 years of Program Management, and 10+ years in Project Management or Scrum Master experience work experience
- Reporting to Senior Level Executive e.g. Director, AVP, VP
- Manage day to day activities of 16+ resources including contributing to performance tracking feedback
- Possibly, HR Manager for 1+ PMO resources (Agile Project Coordinator, Agile Project Specialist, Agile Project Manager)
We also take potential into consideration. If you don't have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot - you deserve it, and we've got it:
- Hybrid work schedule for most roles
- Company share ownership program
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
- Wellness and recognition programs
- Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).