A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US...
It all started in 1999, making natural soap by hand in Canmore, Alberta. Rocky Mountain Soap Company has since grown to cover you head to toe in natural - but our mission to use only simple, natural ingredients hasn't changed. Online and through our retail stores we bring you incredible soap, skin care and more that are good for you and the planet. And we still do it all by hand.
But we're more than just natural nuts. A healthy planet is also about your actions, that's where our core values come in: give it a go, customer service is an extreme sport, positivitude, cultivate team spirit and be kind. So join our admired and inclusive work culture by applying today for the [Job Title] position.
Rocky's Marketing Manager is a key member of the marketing team and is responsible for developing and leading marketing strategies, plans, events and programs to increase brand awareness, drive new customer acquisition and growth in line with Rocky's brand vision.
Reporting to the Director of Brand and Creative you will lead marketing strategies and initiatives for campaigns, product launches, merchandising, email and social across all channels. You will lead reporting and analytic thinking on brand/marketing intiatives. Build marketing dashboards and clear KPI goals.
You will ensure all KPI's are achieved consistently as they relate to the campaigns and marketing programs, and will collaborate with internal teams including, Product Development, Operations, Procurement and Finance as required. In addition, you will also contribute to supporting our core values, as you maintain and enhance the culture of our organization.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies and plans from creative briefs for campaigns, product launches, email, social and special projects and initiatives.
- Develop PR briefs for new product launches.
- Support the marketing of in-store events and other in-market activities and community events (including our women's runs).
Lead the development of the marketing and editorial calendars that track the marketing team's content activities. Manage the Social Media & Community Manager and Content Strategist & Copywriter, ensuring content planning and tactics are being executed.
- Collaborate with the Design team in the development of brand and creative materials.
- Collaborate with Product Development, Retail, Digital and Wholesale divisions to ensure seamless delivery and a consistent brand and customer journey at all touch points.
- Day-to-day project management, collaboration with and support to the Director of Brand and Creative to ensure all projects and initiatives are delivered on time and on budget.
- Optimize the team's workflow processes and priority management and make recommendations for continuous improvements
- Manage a marketing dashboard to track and analyze the effectiveness of marketing and communications strategies and tactics.
- Data analysis and monthly budget and campaign reporting.
- Flexible mindset, make adjustments to plans and tactics based on consumer or competitive insights and adapt to marketing communications plans and activities.
- Lead with speed and agility to respond to consumer insights.
- Embrace company values and positively contributes to the team and brand culture.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Thjs role can be performed remotely or locally.
- 7+ years' experience with a post secondary degree (or equivalent) in marketing.
- Expert knowledge in all digital and traditional media and channels.
- Experience in working with a multi-disciplinary creative team
- Advanced MS Office and Outlook skills.
- Adept at developing and implementing integrated marketing and communications plans and programs (for all channels and verticals).
- A creative thinker but also a doer, you possess the ability to lead a team in the development of campaigns and communications materials that are both creative and engaging.
- Effective communicator with the ability to clearly articulate our brand voice and style.
- Strong budgeting, analytical and reporting skills, adept at translating business objectives into sound marketing activities and initiatives that meet (and exceed) business KPI's and targets.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead the priorities of a small team, as well as collaborate with other divisions including internet and retail store managers, to deliver a cohesive and engaging brand experience for our customers.
- Highly adaptable, organized and detail-oriented, you're a creative problem solver with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced (ever-changing) retail environment.
- Public and media relations' experience, working closely with an in-house team in developing communications and messaging.
- Team player with the ability to build strong relationships and partnerships (internally and externally).
- Committed to excellence with demonstrated proficiency in fulfilling the responsibilities of the role.
- Natural/Organic Bath & Beauty/Skincare industry experience
- Interest in sustainability and doing good for the planet.
- Agency or in-house team experience.
- Retail and visual merchandising expertise.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Full-time team members take advantage of our benefits!
- Generous product discounts & quarterly allowances
- Subsidized group health plan benefits
- Paid personal/sick days each year
- Annual Healthy Living allowance
- The Great Game profit sharing program
- A happy, healthy work environment