Reporting to: Design Director
Direct Reports: None
At Think Shift, we believe in building jobs around people. Our talented team of multi-disciplined creators and strategists have one thing in common: the desire to realize their own potential. We help our clients do the same.
As one of the largest ag-focused agencies in the world, we help agriculture and agri-food organizations imagine their future - then re-invent themselves accordingly. Our people have a head for logic and a heart for magic, and our clients engage us to help them think strategically and craft the stories that will propel them forward. Through our progressive approach to leadership development, strategic planning, corporate culture, brand development and marketing, we help ag leaders see their true potential and leverage change to bring their traditional brands into the new world.
We're looking for creative and strategic minds who share our desire to find and realize potential - for ourselves and for our clients. Let's get in touch.
Summary As Graphic Designer at Think Shift, you will be the final checkpoint for the design process, putting the finishing touches on design that is released to the world. You will create your own or inherit existing design concepts for both print and digital mediums and be required to take them to completion with speed and accuracy. You will collaborate with other members on the creative team in a fun and fast-paced environment and your skills and experience will be called upon to support other members of the team with production design-related advice.
- Create new design or reproduce existing design for both print and digital mediums.
- Ensure designs meet client brand standards, production specifications, and quality expectations
- Collaborate with a variety of Creative Team members and skillsets to obtain valuable insights for your design projects
- Collaborate with the account services team to gather input and provide recommendations
- Manage internal/client feedback and revisions
- Estimate hours required to complete tasks and adhere to project plans and timelines
- Mentor other (less experienced) designers on the team, including student interns
- Review and proof design work (yours and others) to ensure a quality finished product
- Provide constructive design feedback to other designers and vendor partners
- Prepare and package print-ready files for vendors
- Review printer proofs or attend press-checks when necessary
- Print and mount concept boards for presentations or award submissions
Functional (Technical Skills & Education):
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 3+ years of graphic/production design experience (portfolio required)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud design software (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD)
- Extensive familiarity designing for digital/social mediums
- Strong understanding of print production, paper types, and file handling
- Base knowledge and skills of Google Web Designer considered an asset (HTML5 animated digital ads)
- Ability to provide constructive design feedback to other internal designers and external design partners
- Proven experience completing projects on time and on budget in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment
- Ability to solve problems independently and in large teams
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to handle multiple projects with multiple deadlines simultaneously
Behavioural (Soft Skills):
- Self-motivated with a drive for continuous learning
- The ability to inspire others with attitude, energy and work-ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to take criticism and learn from it
- A commitment to quality with an ?every little detail matters? approach
- Strong team player with an ability to take criticism and learn from it
Think Shift provides an attractive, market-researched comprehensive compensation plan, which includes base salary and company bonus. Employees enjoy a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage
- Semi-annual bonuses (based on Company performance)
- Year-round opportunities for internal and external training and development programs
Please note accepted applicants must provide satisfactory proof of vaccination at time of offer. Lack of documentation will result in withdrawal of application.