Responsible for the overall management and results of the HR department within an assigned facility in Toronto with about 220 employees, with focus on:
- Meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for safety, quality, production, maintenance, efficiency, and service.
- Leading and developing the HR team.
- Understanding, supporting, advising and partnering with local management to effectively drive business results and achieve company goals.
- Leading, implementing, championing, administering and monitoring people-related programs and initiatives aligned with applicable laws/regulations, local business objectives, broader company goals and the strategic plan.
- Working with management to create a positive experience for employees throughout the employment life cycle via recruitment processes, performance/compensation management, training & development, and succession management programs.
Core Skills and Qualifications
The ideal HR Manager candidate must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of progressive HR experience including experience administering benefits and payroll. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience managing HR staff.
- Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams, and to explain issues.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated ability to use HR Information Systems to generate reports, analyze data, and interpret results.
- Understand and apply common local, State and federal HR/employment-related laws and regulations, such as FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to non-routine problems, master new concepts quickly and efficiently, and to turn concepts into practical application/action.
- Solid understanding of key HR metrics and a general knowledge of principles/practices of HR.
- Advanced experience using root cause analysis and/or other process improvement methodologies that can be applied to complex issues.
- Expert level skills in organizational development, employee relations, change management, and project management.
- Strong presentation, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues.
- Up to 10% domestic travel (travel is not the norm but may be required occasionally).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Favorable motor vehicle report upon hire.
- May be required to work additional hours including weekends, holidays, and/or overtime.