Who we are:
Creating the future vision for one of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada's most prized treasures, Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) is the not-for-profit organization that oversees Assiniboine Park's operations and ensures its ongoing redevelopment and financial viability. Our team is inspired to create and deliver extraordinary experiences for the people who visit and use the Park and Zoo including building friendly, supportive, effective relationships with stakeholders, community and the general public. We want to be a place where people share the wonders of nature in a way that inspires them to conserve it for the future.
The Communications & Public Relations Coordinator will contribute to APC's strategic communications objectives by creating content to support internal and external communications and assisting with media relations. Reporting to the Director, Communication & Public Relations, the Coordinator will utilize communications best practices to support APC's strategic plan, its vision, mission, and values.
The Communications & Public Relations Coordinator will provide professional expertise and functional advice on communication activities across the departments, staff, and business units. This position will collaborate with APC stakeholders and provide insight using strong judgement, strategic thinking, and reasoning skills. Contributing to APC's community engagement and inclusion initiatives, this position will manage and coordinate APC's Community Access ticket program.
- Support the delivery of an integrated communications strategy.
- Create content for internal and external communications, i.e., website, media releases, internal and external (community and member) newsletters, e-communications, publications, videos and other media, impact stories, etc. and ensures high standards of product quality for all materials intended for distribution.
- Deliver high quality products that integrate with APC's strategic communications and brand storytelling goals to enhance APC's reputation.
- Uphold brand standards across APC and ensure consistent use of standard branded corporate presentation and communication materials.
- Respond to and support internal and external communications and media requests.
- Assist in coordinating media and special events, as required.
- Assist with Digital & Social Media Coordinator to develop content for APC's online properties (website, social media, blog websites) as required. Provide writing, editing and communication consulting support to APC departments and coordinate responses to media inquiries in cooperation with other departments.
- Provide expertise and functional knowledge to advise on communication requirements across the departments, staff, and business units.
- Manage internal communications as required (ParkBiz, #APC ALL communications, etc.) by researching, writing, and editing clear, accurate and persuasive content.
- Compile research to write content for a variety of communications including articles, annual reports, blogs, media releases, video scripts, web copy, infographics and other types of publications.
- Participate in the establishing mid and long-term priorities for communications initiatives and projects and assist in monitoring the APC communication plan and strategy for uniformity in message and design
- Support APC brand architecture, work with stakeholders across the organization to build adoption and support for integrated and brand-aligned communications, image, and messaging.
- Coordinate administration of Community Access ticket program, adhering to program guidelines and working with multiple stakeholders and various levels of approvals.
- Create and implement a process that supports and ensures projects are completed within deadlines.
- A Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 2-3 years of progressive communications experience, developing and executing strategic communication and public relations plans.
- Recognized superior communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work in a team environment across all levels throughout the organization, thriving in a complicated, fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in media relations and crisis management experience.
- Excellent proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office software and a demonstrated aptitude for quickly learning new software programs.
- Strong knowledge and experience with digital and social media.
What we have to offer:
- Comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, life, travel) and RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- Zoo Membership
How to apply:
All interested applicants can submit their résumé and cover letter on our career website:
Deadline to apply: December 7, 2021