Reporting directly into the SVP of Direct to Consumer, Herschel Supply seeks a Director of Digital Marketing to join our senior management team. This individual will play a pivotal role in the company's management team and will be responsible for leading the growth of Herschel Supply's Ecommerce and Retail channels thought new customer acquisition and retention. You will continue to build and lead a team of marketers who will shape and deliver Herschel's brand experience online and continue our vision to be the global leader in lifestyle travel accessories. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, disciplined, analytical digital and brand marketer, with 8+ years experience in ecommerce or digital marketing discipline. A data-driven, highly creative, hands-on marketer with a track record of managing budgets and executing against performance metrics across the digital ecosystem.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves in being a collaborative, open-minded and imaginative team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Director of Digital Marketing will:
Lead, mentor and grow our performance marketing team
- Develop, analyze and optimize our global performance marketing campaigns across all channels to hit customer acquisition goals within defined ROI targets (e.g. direct response, referrals, lead generation, gift cards, etc.)
- Manage external service providers and interfaces (incl. negotiations, briefings and reviews)
- Develop channel-specific reporting and setup our KPI framework to prioritize and allocate budget accordingly across various channels
- Be responsible for researching and launching new direct response digital channels to drive customer acquisition growth
- Work closely with our business intelligence teams to drive actionable insight from data analysis to optimize performance
- Lead data-driven marketing strategies, including the end-state vision of how we use insights to drive segmentation, targeting and messaging
- Amazon marketing services strategic guidance and team management.
Relevant working experience in a successful start-up, consulting or an e-commerce company with a strong academic background
- Strong experience with Paid Social and Paid Search prospecting and retargeting platforms
- 8+ years hands-on experience driving customer acquisition through digital marketing (agency or in-house) - ecommerce or subscription experience a plus
- Intimate experience managing campaigns to specific ROI KPIs; such as CPA, retention, life-time value
- An appreciation of multi-channel attribution and experience distilling this complexity into clear and actionable insights
- Experience working across other digital channels including: paid social, SEM, affiliates
- Analytical, ability to focus on clear KPIs, have a hands-on personality, team-orientated and works well under pressure
- Strong understanding and application of marketing attribution methodologies (multi-touch/algorithmic, last click, etc.)
- Experience and expertise with cohort analysis, subscription/churn and the key drivers of LTV/CAC performance
- A true leader, able to build rapport with cross-functional teams and make sure tasks are executed in a timely manner
- Self-starter with the ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An enthusiastic, energetic attitude to contribute to the team
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. A go-getter with a "make stuff happen" mentality.
Job Type: Full-time