As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The North American (NA) Digital Consulting Practice within VCA provides consulting solutions and services for Visa's largest issuers in Canada and US. We are in love with digital data analytics and push the boundaries on how we continuously reimagine our go-to-market marketing performance for our clients. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. Our solutions are curated to our clients and focused on disrupted thinking that drives lasting growth in all things digital! Our relentless pursuit on pushing the boundaries of digital customer experience pulled from our digital analytics empowers us to create things that truly resonate with our end-customers. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker that seeks to innovative everything they touch, carries a disruptor mindset, and can articulate/create impactful presentations to senior leaders (CMOs, VPs, Directors) at our clients.
The VCA team is looking for a Director to join our consulting practice and play a role in developing high impact projects for Visa's clients in the NA region. This role is responsible for the digital marketing planning, design, implementation, and optimization of customer campaigns, to drive acquisition, retention, and engagement programs for our client's card portfolios. The candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with Financial Institutions, fintechs, retail, merchants and travel clients across NA. This role will play a critical role in helping to architect Managed Services, a new business line which is in high demand from our clients. Once established in our initial clients, this role will support the scaling of these services across NA.
Potential engagements could include product development, marketing agency management, digital marketing strategies, customer acquisition, customer targeting, persona and segmentation analysis/creation, SEO, SEM, Social media, ideation, design and innovation-led prototypes. Specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with Visa internal teams in regular strategic & planning discussions
- Leads consulting initiatives and contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with Issuing Bank Partners.
- Support your team by managing paid media accounts across multi channels including Search, Display, Video, and as well as support on SEO and Analytics
- Budget Management: Daily budget and conversion pacing check and management to be sure accounts are consistently running smoothly
- Stay on top of latest Digital Media/PPC trends and user interfaces (Google Ads, Google Analytics, Bing), new betas and accounts features as well as new platforms to test. Share findings and resources to help team and management consistently remain updated on high paced developing digital world.
- Work on various media platforms including Google Ads, Bing, Campaign Manager, SA360, DV360, Quora, Verizon, Amazon, StackAdapt, etc.Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Build solutions and actionable insights that will help clients to grow their portfolios and customer engagement in their core business
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa's resources
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the verticals and segments
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization. This is an individual contributor role, office's in Ashburn, VA and reporting into a Senior Director within VCA.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25% based on client work.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Relevant experience at large management consulting firm or US Financial Institution
- Payments/Financial Services experience
- Strong Analytical/Quantitative Background
- Experience working with financial indicators to measure business performance. Significant focus on impacting ROI
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Knowledge and understanding of banking operations and/ or payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes, marketing initiatives and card issuing experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Team player
- Technology mindset, curious, up-to-date with digital trends and applications
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.