At Carbon Engineering (CE), we believe humanity can solve climate change.
We believe we can create a future in which our children and neighbours inherit the same planet we've enjoyed - where we deliver prosperity and well-being while avoiding environmental impact. At Carbon Engineering, our contribution to this future is a Direct Air Capture (DAC) technology - that captures carbon dioxide directly out of the atmosphere. Our highly scalable DAC technology will be used in the large scale DAC facilities capable of capturing up to one million metric tons of atmospheric CO2 annually. Working with our partners, like 1PointFive, Storegga, and others we see a future where permanently removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere to protect our world is a reality.
We're pioneers, as well as Swiss-army knives, and joining our team means joining our family. As a member of the CE team, you'll be surrounded by smart, adventurous, curious people committed to progressing climate change solutions. From lunchroom banter to problem-solving debates, we genuinely enjoy each other's company and respect each other's skills.
Reporting to the Manager, HR, and working closely with the Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is a key member of the HR team. As one of the first connections with candidates, you have the unique ability to make people feel comfortable right away and a natural, confident manner that encourages excitement about Carbon Engineering. You are equally comfortable speaking with people by phone, in person, through chats, or virtually and are motivated by challenging talent searches. Your success is measured by your ability to meet business needs through providing a continuous stream of skilled talent.
This position is based in Squamish, BC, but can be facilitated through remote work from Vancouver.
- Builds connections with applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, educational institutions, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites, making presentations and maintaining rapport.
- Refines applicant requirements by working with Managers and Supervisors to determine / confirm job descriptions and qualifications.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements in appropriate outlets such as job boards, professional associations, CE Careers website, along with follow-ups on referrals from staff.
- Leads the upkeep of CE's HR social media presence including managing updates to Indeed and Glassdoor with input from the Manager, HR.
- Assesses applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Arranges hiring manager / team interviews by coordinating schedules;
- Collaborates with the Office Manager to arrange travel logistics and organize the applicant's itinerary while on site.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with hiring manager and interviews applicants using a consistent set of qualifications.
- For successful hires, supports new employee relocation by working with the HR Manager to determine moving expense requirements, time required to relocate, temporary housing, and introductions to individuals to help with securing accommodations.
- Improves organization attractiveness by monitoring job offers and compensation practices emphasizing the benefits of working at Carbon Engineering.
- Updates job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports and communicate to the Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner and HR Manager.
- Grow and foster high-touch relationships with a database of qualified active and passive talent to pull from as new positions become available.
- Complete all new-hire paperwork with candidates who are offered employment and support the HR Specialist with the orientation of new staff.
Education: Post-secondary education specializing in Human Resources. CPHR designation is an asset.
Experience: 3-5 years' experience with technical recruitment.
- Working knowledge and / or expertise with applicant tracking systems, HRIS systems, and LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Social media savvy and skilled with extending the reach for talent through multiple platforms.
- Can effectively engage stakeholders in a variety of roles, demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent judgment in managing complex problems, maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where priorities change.
- Reliable; able to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office 365.
Carbon Engineering is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.