Under the direction of the Finance Coordinator and Band Manager, the Administrative Assistant
is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative and clerical support to the band office.
This position performs a wide variety of administrative support services, all of which contribute
to the efficient and professional operation of the Band Office. Within a customer-service oriented
environment, the incumbent is responsible for providing reception, information services, and
administrative assistance. It is expected that the incumbent is well organized and possesses
excellent time management skills.
- Perform general clerical duties including answering phones, organizing, filing, and photocopying documents and files, etc.
- Document scanning
- Orders, organizes and maintains office supplies and consumables if needed
- Operates office equipment - personal computer (MS Office environment), fax/copier/scanner
- Provides administrative support as required
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Band Administrators
- Assists in meeting deadlines for various tasks as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent public relations, including an appreciation of the need for confidentiality, tact and discretion
- Knowledge in all areas of up-to-date office practice and procedures
- Experience preparing meeting agendas, minutes, letters and memos accurately
- Attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Filing and document organization
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma required
- Experience in an office or administrative setting
- Customer Service skills an asset
In accordance with Section 16 Special Programs of the Canadian Human Rights Act, preference
will be given to Aamjiwnaang Band Members with relevant education/experience (R.S.C 1985,
c. H-6, s16 (1-3).