Oliver & Bonacini is recognized as one of Canada's leading hospitality companies, operating a variety of unique and innovative restaurants, event venues and catering in Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Alberta. O&B credits its success to the development of a strong corporate culture, where excellence of food quality and service are valued above all else.
The marketing team at O&B is a dynamic group of creative professionals who specialize in all areas of marketing, including digital marketing, public relations, social media, graphic design, photography, guest relations and more. With a focus on collaboration and producing exceptional work, we work together to achieve company goals and objectives, while identifying new opportunities that will help set O&B apart in the food and hospitality industry.
We are currently seeking a Copy Editor & Menu Assistant as a full-time addition to our Marketing & Communications team. Working collaboratively with a very creative, multi-skilled group, the successful candidate will take ownership of menu editing and formatting, and other proofreading and editing tasks as required, and be a hands-on contributor to our marketing strategies and efforts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Updates, proofs and formats restaurant and event venue menus in an accurate and timely manner
- Adheres to and updates style sheets for all brands
- Updates and posts menus on websites using WordPress
- Liaises with chefs, restaurant managers and marketing associates on all menu-related content
- Updates all associated collateral material as it applies to menu changes
- Proofs company newsletters, training materials and manuals
- Updates and reviews website content under direction of manager
- Contributes to marketing team's collaborative efforts
- Phenomenal proofreading and grammatical skills and with a high attention to detail and accuracy - familiarity with French and Italian an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Works extremely well under pressure and is able to multi-task on concurrent projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to format complex Microsoft Word documents
- Ability to write clear, concise and compelling copy is an asset
- An eye for design and proficiency with Adobe InDesign is an asset
- Familiarity with WordPress and other content management systems; basic HTML skills an asset
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, English or any other relevant field of study
- The ideal candidate is a food and wine enthusiast
Please note: cover letters are encouraged!
O&B values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage all people qualified for this role to apply.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
- RRSP matching program
**We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
No calls from recruiters please!