Canada / November 22, 2021
Born from earned, Proof Strategies' Unified Marketing and Communications Group's purpose exists to create a better world by eliminating marketing & communications waste. We are the trusted voice to C-Suite, marketers and communicators on how to unify their marketing and communications and build relationships at every touchpoint - big or small - throughout an audience's journey.
This is a great opportunity to work on a variety of different clients, apply your passion for research and data to support integrated marketing and communication plans and projects and learn from a team of experts.
The Coordinator position is an integral role supporting the strategy and insights, intelligence and measurement team, and day to day client work, within an established agency.
Proof Strategies is Canada's leading independent PR and communications agency. What sets us apart is our audience-first philosophy (we know Canadians best), accountability to results and expertise in communications consulting and exceptional delivery.
We lead with smart thinking, not ego. Our people are curious, diverse thinkers and collaborators. We are driven to ask better questions of ourselves and our clients because they lead to better ideas and solutions.
- Entrepreneurial and creative: Always leading the industry with innovation and excellence
- Respectful: With each other and to our partners and clients
- Inclusive: Proof offers an open and inclusive workplace where everyone can feel safe, comfortable and express themselves
- Driven and responsive: Never complacent, always exceeding expectations and committed to great service.
- Collaborative and fun: Our greatest successes come when everyone works together
The Role in a Nutshell
- Conduct research and analyse data to find patterns that support our clients in planning and provide intelligence on their business. This includes: competitor research, audience research, monitoring, analytics and reporting.
- Stay up-to-date with industry and brand best practices
- Create and maintain content calendars and coverage trackers
- Support account team in managing integrated communication programs, including strategy, creative, social media, media relations, influencer management and paid advertising
- Write client communications, as required
- Support digital marketing tasks, including qualitative engagement research, website management, paid media and SEO
- Work closely with the Manager, Engagement & Platforms to champion Proof's digital platforms through creating and improving Boolean searches, assisting in training, and creating searches and alerts
- Monitor using platforms including Meltwater or Cision
- Research and collecting information from a variety of online sources
- Assist with administrative tasks including team support, meeting set-up etc.
- Communicate information to client audiences in memos and PowerPoint decks
- Contributes to the firm's marketing and profile via networking, social media and other activities
- Contributes to the firm's commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
What you bring to the table
We're looking for an inquisitive Coordinator that is committed to learning and supporting exceptional client projects and services.
- Strong research and analytics skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the Canadian media and marketing landscape
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proactive, self-motivated and accountable
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Collaborative and works well as part of a team
- Solutions-oriented problem solver
- Strategic thinking applied to all work
- A thorough understanding of social and digital media, including monitoring online channels
- Proficient in Office365, including Teams
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Suite skills with a priority on Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in learning more about digital communications, behaviour and channels
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Curious. A desire to understand the why behind the data
- ABQ. Asks better questions and actively listens
- Highly collaborative. This role necessitates working with team members across the entire agency, including PR, communications and marketing mandates
- Empathetic. In how you approach problem solving, working with colleagues and clients
1-2 years of experience in an agency or in-house communications (marketing, PR, advertising, digital, etc.) team environment (or similar), including co-ops or internships
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- An award-winning, inclusive workplace known for living The Platinum Rule
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery and innovative thinking
- Comprehensive health benefits from day one
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events
- Generous vacation time, as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year's
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making
Located in the Greater Toronto Area, this is a work-from-home position until our offices re-open, and we're planning a hybrid model starting in 2022.
At Proof Strategies, we believe that delivering exceptional work, building trust, and having fun is the best path to a successful communications agency. Over two decades of continuous annual growth has proven that philosophy.
Proof Strategies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.