Are you someone that has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, determination, grit and challenges the status quo? Someone that is passionate about growth, collaborating with others and creativity?
If so, we would love to hear from you! The Marketing Team at BuildDirect is growing - and we are looking for a Marketing Manager to join the team. This is a unique role that requires a person with the attitude and experience who can blend: strategy and execution; can pull together creative campaigns, while managing performance KPIs; and who thinks about the customer first.
What You'll Do
The Marketing Manager will own the planning and execution of our customer acquisition campaigns across both our customer segments: homeowners and industry professionals. The person in this role will develop a deeper understanding of our customer groups: who they are, how to reach them, what to say. They will partner with functional specialists in the marketing, tech and category teams to develop, execute, and monitor campaigns across both digital and physical channels.
Develop marketing plans:
- Research and report on industry trends in the home improvement and flooring sectors
- Perform competitive market analysis across pure play, omni-channel, and traditional retailers
- Build in-depth customer profiles for target segments across both homeowners and industry professionals
- Develop & manage the marketing calendar of campaigns, promotions and events to drive brand awareness and customer acquisition
- Define spend & performance targets for campaigns
- Coordinate across functions to build and execute campaigns (product teams, sales team, other members of the marketing team)
- Ensure message consistency across off-site and on-site channels
- Run targeted campaigns focused on industry professionals (e.g. contractors, installers, property managers, etc.)
- Manage marketing budget for advertising and agency spend
- Track performance of marketing campaigns to meet target KPIs
- Evaluate and evolve campaigns based on customer feedback and data
What You Must Have
- 5+ years marketing experience across both traditional and digital marketing
- Be analytical and drive decisions with data
- Excellent project management & organizational skills
- Be creative in your approach, and think outside the box to cut through
- Collaborative approach to marketing
- An audacious spirit that embraces uncertainty and challenges with enthusiasm
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- High degree of empathy and the ability to see other's perspective
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better everyday
Founded in 1999, BuildDirect is the innovative marketplace for home improvement & flooring materials online. BuildDirect wants to simplify the home improvement industry and give the power of choice back to the homeowner and home improvement professional. They wanted to provide those seeking to build or improve homes with an online marketplace to access the flooring products they want, at the prices they'd love, delivered on time directly to their doorstep.
And today we do just that.
Servicing North America, BuildDirect connects homeowners and home improvement professionals with sellers around the world, creating a much simpler and trusted shopping experience. The platform offers Pro's and Homeowners the ability to purchase various volumes of flooring products direct from Sellers. This keeps costs low, often up to half the price found at big box stores or specialty retailers, and provides efficient direct-to-home (or jobsite) shipping of those products.
- Lots of learning opportunities within communications, executive profiling, social media, content, influencer marketing, SEO/SEM, PPC, CRM, Affiliate, and brand development
- Chance to work with a great team of people that will be able to mentor you and share their digital marketing experience
- Unlimited vacation
- Extended health benefits (i.e., naturopath, massage therapy, acupuncture)
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events
- A culture of talented people, that like to have fun!
**Note, we currently have a hybrid work model and we can work with candidate needs and preferences.**