The Digital Acquisition team develops and manages QuickBooks' digital advertising campaigns across paid and organic search, social and programmatic display, and affiliates/partners. We are looking for a Sr. Marketing Manager - Acquisition to accelerate our Display and Social campaigns to continue the generation of QuickBooks adoption. Reporting to the Head of Performance Marketing, this position will work within the marketing group to drive stronger customer engagement across our paid ads and website to help fuel growth for the QuickBooks Canada business.
This position will be based in Toronto/ Mississauga, but you will work cross functionally with partners located across many of our global sites, including the US, UK, Australia, India, France, Brazil and more.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing/Stats or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 7+ years of digital marketing experience with emphasis on digital campaign management focusing on leveraging data to drive business results (hands-on experience preferred)
- Deep understanding of programmatic management (preference for GMP), Campaign Manager (DoubleClick), Facebook and other social certifications in fundamental Advertising.
- Knowledge of GA4/GA360 and/or Adobe Analytics, CDP, DMP's and CMS a benefit
- Experience managing multimillion-dollar budgets
- Agency and in-house experience a plus
How you will lead
The Senior Marketing Manager - Acquisition will lead an exciting initiative, defining and owning the strategy and delivery of a set of high-priority initiatives. This individual will be accountable for driving marketing ROI for all QuickBooks and Profile products within the Canadian market. The position's objective is to leverage top of funnel channels to drive competitive advantage for the business, optimize conversions, improve CPA and drive positive ROI through the Paid Channel. It will require an analytical mindset including the ability to monitor performance and optimize campaigns accordingly in real time.
Managing an in-house team, this individual will have the ability to build a testing strategy and develop new and innovative paths to conversion, including the use of traditional creative adjustments along with the use of technology by way of programmatic and machine learning implementation.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Developing performance media strategies that will achieve our one and three-year plans
- Responsible for allocating, investing and optimizing a significant media budget across all display and social channels to meet performance and brand building goals, forecasting performance and establishing stretch goals
- Coordinating with your Brand Media, Search, Web, and CRM counterparts to deliver cohesive experiences across channels and throughout the consumer's decision journey
- Manage and report on campaign performance ended to end including creative roll outs.
- Utilize data-driven methodology, analysis and measurement to improve effectiveness and efficiency across all marketing channels
- Work closely with your analytics and business operations and intelligence partners to build a world-class performance marketing engine across KPI's, attribution, automation and optimization
- Strong analytical approach to acquisition funnel metrics, measurement and campaign performance
- Managing 3rd party relationships and vendor management.
- Ability to move fast in developing hypotheses, running testing/pilots and, applying learnings while keeping all stakeholders informed along the way
- Passion for the industry and a finger on the pulse of emerging technologies, tactics, and media properties.
- Proven interpersonal and relationship management skills, with ability to obtain consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Data forward thinker with an understanding for how consumer mindsets translate into data patterns and signals
- Ability to look at the big picture, understanding the interdependence of factors internally and externally
- Great storyteller. Ability to distill complex digital media and technical strategies into crisp, executive friendly communications
- Proven experience running performance marketing campaigns through digital, and driving performance through optimized customer experiences
- Comfort making decisions based off imperfect or incomplete data
- Developing high-performing internal talent via mentoring and recruitment.