Whenever and wherever you join us, you open the door to opportunities in all aspects of media, technology and innovation. We will encourage you to break the rules, knock things down, rebuild them better, and push the boundaries of what's possible. Our success takes a team of people who are invested in our culture, each other's success, and their growth, and together we make Mindshare Canada the place where we do the best work of our career.
As a Manager of Communications and Marketing Sciences, you are responsible for managing and developing insightful work that will support all client teams across the agency. You will be expected to become a trusted collaborator and help solve marketing challenges by diagnosing problems and designing and executing strategic data-driven solutions. You will be a key part of the strategy team and be fully dedicated to a client - this creates a unique opportunity to be a part of all of the process of insights, strategy and analytics.
You will be a key partner in bringing client's new ways of working, including resource expertise, to recommend the best data solutions to any marketing problem. You will use your experience working in a fast-paced agency to ensure the delivery of high-quality research analysis and reports. You will support marketing effectiveness projects for clients by providing research capabilities, business insight, and strategic insight.
In addition to project work, you will also help agency strategists and media planners by supporting macro planning and investment optimization. You will also be responsible for delivering insights from audience segmentation, research and analytics knowledge from across the organization.
You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Communications & Marketing Sciences of THEO.
YOUR BACKGROUND & SKILLS
- Numerative/analytical degree such as statistics, econometrics, mathematics, sciences, or economics. Candidates from other backgrounds will also be considered if they demonstrate a high level of competence across all other criteria
- At least 5 years of experience using analytical methods within a media agency/consultancy or internal business function; including media planning, strategy, or research
- Proven track record of delivering analytical projects for clients with expertise in storytelling that gives clients confidence
- Desire to move from analysis to activation in communications planning with a strong understanding of media planning.
- Expert understanding and use of proprietary agency tools and 3rd-party research and analytical resources.
- Strong problem solver with the ability to understand a client's marketing and business challenges and provide supportive analytics consultancy to clients
- Ability to build and grow strong relationships with internal and client-side stakeholders to become their trusted partner
- Understanding of marketing/advertising and the ability to communicate communications recommendations in this arena to clients
- Ability to diagnose marketing challenges and contribute to marketing sciences led solutions
- Ability to quickly pick up and learn the use of business tools to inform decision making.
- Strong presentation skills - both verbal and written. Proficient in communicating complex data-led insights in a simple way
- Strong knowledge and execution of two or more of the following analytical skillsets:
- Econometric modelling/market mix modelling
- Business forecasting method
- Quantitative and Qualitative analytics of survey-based data, e.g. (Audience research, decision journeys, brand research)
- Fluency in one or more of the following Python, SQL, VBA, SPSS, Q - also desirable but not essential
- Strong project planning and management skills
- Able to develop self in technical skills
What WE bring:
- The opportunity to create and contribute to an environment where ?Innovation as usual' thrives in everyday work
- We foster a growth mindset by exhibiting adaptability, inclusivity, sincerity, curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and teamwork
- Extensive learning, training and development opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits program, including maternity/parental top-up program
- Agency that values wellness with programs that contribute to a healthy lifestyle
- Exposure to a global network of resources, strategic partnerships, and career opportunities
- Corporate social responsibility, actively participating in creating a better community
- Great social environment where we work hard and play hard
ABOUT MINDSHARE :
Mindshare was born in Asia in 1997, a WPP start-up with a desire to change the media world. Now we are a global network with 116 offices in 86 countries and billings of $17.9bn. We are the largest agency in GroupM, WPP's Media Investment Management arm, the #1 media holding group globally.
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity and inclusivity. We are committed to creating a safe and respectful work environment and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive and collaborative we are, the more great work we can create together.
Mindshare encourages all qualified candidates to apply and has an exceptional record of accommodating the needs of our staff. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please let us know. Mindshare thanks all applicants; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Mindshare and our philosophy of Original Thinking, visit us at www.mindshareworld.com/canada and follow us on Twitter @mindshare, facebook.com/MindshareCanada and linkedin.com/company/mindshare