The Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director and the Coordinator Resource Development, to expand awareness of the Club and Foundation to a wider audience, increase brand awareness, ensure a consistency of message, and support communications and marketing of all Club and Foundation activities. The individual will help other departments choose the right message for the right audience at the right time. This position is funded, in part, by a Digital Skills 4 Youth grant.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will execute effective and dynamic social media strategies, contribute to fundraising campaign planning and manage website updates. They will identify opportunities innovation using other forms of media. They will lead media relations and issue monitoring and proactively identify opportunities for increased public awareness of the Club and Foundation. They will participate in communications planning and support stakeholder relations.
- University or College degree
- Excellent knowledge of computers programs including Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Canva and InDesign an asset
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Photography experience a definite asset
- Effective communication skills, confidence, hard work and dedication are a must.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid - Level ?C', and HIGH FIVE Principals of Healthy Child Development is required or willingness to attain.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening in accordance with the Police Record Checks Reform Act (PRCRA)
- A values driven individual who aligns with the Clubs core values, mission, vision, along with a strong commitment to confidentiality and privacy.
Salary: $16.00 / hour