McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson Canada is seeking a Packaging and Communication Specialist to play an essential role in the development and production of our own brand product packaging. As part of the Own Brand Marketing team, the Packaging and Communication Specialist is responsible for adhering to the brand guidelines and developing/executing bilingual product packaging design as per regulatory requirements.
They will report directly to the Sr Marketing Manager, Own Brands and collaborate closely with the Own Brands Category Management team and other departments. As a packaging and communication professional, they possess a sharp eye for detail, layout, typography, and are passionate about further strengthening the positioning of our own brand products in the market.
- Responsible for the packaging workflow including coordination, development and execution
- Oversees packaging development and copywriting in 2 official languages (English and French)
- Liaise with vendors to ensure packaging compliance to Health Canada regulations
- Works closely with legal, quality assurance and category management to deliver final packaging within tight deadlines
- Guardian of the brand guidelines
- Maintains creative development of the own brand product packaging
- Proofs flyers in relation to Own Brand packaging and creative
- Support eCommerce platforms
- Contributes to and executes Own Brand marketing initiatives when required
- Supports the annual Own Brands marketing calendar of activities
- Contributes to the maintenance of the banner store portals and websites to ensure all are up-to-date
- Contributes to build content calendar (digital platform, flyers, P.O.P.)
- Works in cross functional team and supports the Marketing Managers on all needed projects
- Supports the team on administrative tasks
- A diploma or undergraduate degree in a relevant field (communication, translation, marketing)
- 1+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in retail and/or health care marketing is an asset
- Fully bilingual French/English, with strong written communication skills in both languages
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites (PPT, Excel, Word)
- Basic knowledge of graphic design programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe) and use of colour and composition
- Understanding of retail pharmacy landscape and private labels
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical product legislation by province is an asset
- Superior attention to detail
- Solution oriented, comfortable in working in a shared services environment
- Great communication skills
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under pressure
- Some data analytics capability
- Accountable and takes ownership of work
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Career Level P1
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!