At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The client experience and insights team work to deliver a smooth, unfragmented and consistent experience across all touchpoints and at all stages of the client journey. The team keeps track of the client journeys, interacting with clients across different channels and platforms, to keep fine-tuning the experience. The client experience is critical to the sustained growth of the firm as a positive client experience promotes loyalty, retention and encourages brand advocacy.
- Develop, implement, measure, and analyze comprehensive marketing strategies and tactics that support the business objectives and help achieve sales results
- Oversees and executes new marketing tools, content, and programs to support advisors in deepening relationships and creating new clients
- Enhance the digital client experience through effective and appropriate strategies and client communications that best support our branch teams
- Ownership of the client secure website and mobile app - responsible for all site and mobile app enhancements, testing and defects resolution, including but not limited to:
- Continually investigates and explores new, innovative ideas to improve client experience and increase engagement
- Collaboration with multiple business areas - technology, products, legal/compliance - to prioritize and resolve issues
- Monitor client feedback from the customer service team to ensure new issues are being reviewed and prioritized accordingly
- Collaboration with branch teams to educate them on the site features and provide quick response to inquiries/ issues
- Lead the creation of marketing and communications collateral to educate clients and drive enrollment in the site
- Skilled in direct response marketing with ability to craft integrated marketing strategies across all channels and touch points, including website, print communications, online communications, and direct mail
- Build and strengthen the Edward Jones Brand in Canada through all touchpoints
- Actively staying on top of the latest industry regulations and work with key business partners to communicate appropriate messages to financial advisors and clients
- Develop and manage project timelines, garner the right internal and external resources to support the initiative and manage the expenses to efficiently achieve the marketing objectives
- Establish measures, monitor results, review, and adjust strategy as required
- Identify competitive opportunities
- Proactively ensure that current marketing best practices are used
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or Communications
- Minimum of 5-7 years marketing experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Broad knowledge of marketing practices including, branding, online marketing, direct marketing, marketing communications, market research, go to market strategies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Deep experience with websites and mobile apps, including launching and updates/enhancements
- Knowledge of investment and insurance products and services
- Experience working with financial advisors
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams and providing direction
- Stays abreast of market trends, innovation
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results
- Proven success designing and executing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns
- Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to think innovatively, analytically, and strategically
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Problem solving has a medium level of complexity, as the position requires the ability to provide direction on the most effective way to implement marketing solutions to support business objectives. Examples include regular marketing newsletters and marketing programs as well as creating specific marketing campaigns that support overall marketing strategies.
- Understands when and how a problem should be escalated
- Makes expense recommendations to Leader and implement projects based on approved amounts.
- Decisions require the ability to recognize special situations and use a high degree of creativity to solve.
- Decisions will be largely governed by precedent, firm policies, or guidelines.
- Uses independent judgment to managing competing priorities and looks for ways to align messages with firm objectives.
- Responsible for all aspects of projects, including, meeting deadlines, time management, contingency planning, approval channels and procedures, campaign analysis, and tracking / monitoring procedures
- Manages and prioritizes competing priorities independently
- Establish and articulate project scope, strategy and objectives to internal clients, production team and key leadership
Span of Influence:
- Creative thinker, excellent listener, and communicator
- Manages content and tools accessed by clients and an unlimited amount of prospects
- Influences messages that reach clients and potential clients
- Serves as a resource and centre of marketing expertise for business areas to ensure communication and delivery of messages aligns with firm objectives
- Liaison with external agencies, writers, and designers
- Influences branches through marketing materials that will have an impact on growing their practice
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of wireframes for online and mobile app development
- FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified? organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.