At Aecon, we're building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We're always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
Aecon's Corporate Communications & Marketing Team produces compelling digital and print content to inform, engage, and inspire the people of Aecon. With multiple offices and sites across the company, keeping everybody up to date in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment is a huge challenge - and we thrive on it! We also lead the way when it comes to the Aecon brand, developing marketing collateral - videos, brochures, signage, ads, tradeshow materials - for both internal and external clients. And when it's event time, this is the go-to team for conference and event logistics, making it happen for corporate functions of all sizes and scopes, from executive leadership meetings to fun holiday celebrations.
Do you have a passion for dynamic strategic communications? Are you hyper-organized and experienced in delivering strategic programs in corporate environments leveraging your exceptional communications and project management skills? Then this Communications Manager, Program Delivery role is for you. We're looking for your communications and interpersonal skills, go-team attitude, and desire to succeed as a valued member of our team.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications & Marketing, this role contributes to the Corporate Communications & Marketing Team through valued communications content development and project management for a high-priority, company-wide corporate strategic program.
- Lead the multi-tiered, multi-pronged development and implementation of Aecon's internal Continuous Improvement (CI) program, designed to inform and educate internal and external audiences while meeting strategic key objectives.
- Drive the coordination, mapping, organization, and content development required for the successful delivery of the program's strategic tactics, leveraging multiple delivery channels and adhering to strict schedules.
- Liaise daily with Aecon's Continuous Improvement (CI) team and other internal stakeholder groups to drive program print, digital, training, and online event deliverables in support of ensuring on-time delivery.
- Research, write, and edit original content and scripts to support the program's delivery channels.
- Schedule, organize, and host related virtual events and awareness-building information sessions and forums.
- Liaise with external vendors/speakers and lead implementation of new virtual platforms to support program delivery and objectives.
- Support program sponsors in the ongoing evolution of the program's framework and associated calendar.
- Develop and manage program metrics and dashboards (i.e. click rates / tracking / polling / surveys) and invoicing.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- University degree or diploma in communications, journalism, or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of business communications experience, preferably within a digitally focused role
- Demonstrated experience in comms program development
- Exceptional written/oral communications skills and storytelling lens; ability to take complex ideas and transition into clear, compelling content and meaningful messaging
- Demonstrated event planning/logistics experience
- Ability to successfully plan and execute multiple priorities with tight deadlines and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience and maturity in dealing with sensitive matters and strong business acumen to enable tactful problem-solving and collaborative-driven solutions
- Ability to lead as a dedicated contributor within a larger team environment, be open-minded, and embrace feedback and direction from others
- Thorough grasp of Microsoft Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of ADOBE Illustrator/InDesign, Prezi and digital video editing software considered an asset