Who We Are:
As North America's oldest startup and Canada's purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Who Day in the Life:
The Marketing Specialist will support in the development and implementation of the merchandise 360 marketing strategies that are flawless in execution, on time and on budget. They will support the tactical implementation of the marketing strategies by leading their direct business partners, agency partners and cross functional team members
What You Will Do:
- Strategically minded with an understanding of the marketing function (traditional and digital media), has had exposure and/or worked on brand, communications, or media strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Innovative, tenacious and fanatical attention to detail
- Keen eye and interest in Fashion
- Excellent multi-tasking/time management skills
- Good meeting and project management skills; able to see a project through from strategy to execution
- Proactive decision maker who can work as part of a team by forming partnerships with appropriate internal and external resources and accomplishes goals using these relationships
- Able to handle conflict with agility
- A willingness to initiate change as the company grows in order to streamline processes and improve efficiencies
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the Marketing Manager to measure and review the ongoing effectiveness of the marketing programs, and communicate the results to business partners. Based on results, develop and implement optimization plans to ensure the achievement of goals
- Under direction of the Marketing Manager, help support the conceptualization, prioritization and calendarization of digital content for an assigned area of business. Support story ideation and feature prioritization based on key trends, business goals and consumer insights.
- Prepare and coordinate all creative briefs including ongoing weekly content and full funnel campaign initiatives with a key understanding of business need and marketing objectives.
- Coordination and management of sample requests and product style out needs in support of photography planning, in close partnership with the Fashion Office.
- Provide coaching and direction to the merchant teams as required ensuring adherence to the marketing process.
- Complete all creative annotations and approvals in required system, combining both merchant and marketing feedback on time, ensuring marketing objectives are clearly met.
- Analyze and research industry trends and consumer preferences in support of developing the marketing strategies for the designated businesses.
- Proactively respond to changing business trends, implementing shifts or course corrects as needed.
- Other duties as required in support of the Marketing Manager and the marketing team.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Commerce preferred
- At least 2 years of demonstrated and progressive success in marketing, advertising and/or product management roles
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint with the ability and willingness to learn corporate technology
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson's Bay:
Hudson's Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country's most iconic brands, Hudson's Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson's Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
Hudson's Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America's oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC. The Hudson's Bay Rewards members share their passion for living a colourful life, and get rewarded for doing the things that bring them joy.
We are proud to share our tenured commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Learn more about our commitment at HBC Foundation & HBC Heritage.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
Hudson's Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country's most iconic brands, Hudson's Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson's Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more. The Hudson's Bay Rewards program is ranked second in department store loyalty programs in Canada. Hudson's Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America's oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.