A little bit about us
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect - for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That's why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us. We embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance and flexibility to reach their fullest potential, allowing us all to think in new and creative ways that enhance our business and allow us to grow together both professionally and personally. At Nestlé, you are provided with the opportunity to make a mark and stand out, as long as you seek it.
Bringing our brands to life and making them as relevant for today's consumers as they've always been takes vision, passion and an innovative mind-set. If you can bring that into the mix, we know the magic will happen.
Business areas: Nestlé Professional
Job title: Assistant Marketing Manager (Nescafé)
Location: North York, ON
Job Grade: 15
The incumbent for the Assistant Marketing Manager on the Coffee team will assist in the development and lead the execution of 18-month brand plans and supporting the growth model for Nestlé Professional Canada. Each position will be responsible for managing the marketing budget (PFME), brand performance, and analyzing brand health metrics in their respective roles.
A day in the life of...
As an Assistant Marketing Manager you will working daily with cross-functional teams to make your plans come to life with lots of autonomy and support to really thrive.
You will also:
- Provide fact based analytical support to identify business issues/opportunities. Monitors and analyzes brand and competitor performance vs. established KPIs (market share, brand health, profitability)
- Responsible for managing PFME budgets in SAP and tracks and monitors spending. Leads Pre-Post PFME Evaluations to assess the impact on the business and against KPIs. Shares learnings across team.
- Support development and execution of consumer communication plans aligned with best practices, approved budgets and timelines.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across Nestlé Canada businesses, operators and distributors
- Use consumer and marketplace data and trends to support definition of the target consumer and develop a deeper understanding of them.
- Prepare, present and sell-in aspects of the brand plan to management, cross functional and external partners.
- Support the development of the brand's short and long term innovation strategy. Leads execution of specific innovation & renovation projects aligned to the approved Innovation & Renovation strategy.
- Work with proprietary beverage equipment (ex. Coffee brewers and juice dispensers)
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate, you will be working with multiple stakeholders throughout the organisation so you will need to be collaborative, results focused and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. You will already have great project management and analytical skills coupled with your highly organised, conscientious approach. Pro-activity, tenacity and enthusiasm are essential, as is your ability to understand and work within our competitive market. You will also have:
- A minimum of 2 years of marketing experience required. CPG or Food Service experience is strongly preferred.
- Field sales or operations experience is considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated strong proficiencies in marketing analysis (for example, AC Nielsen).
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to leverage Nestlé processes, resources and environment.
- Self-motivated, results focused with strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of the 4P's and their application. Ability to read and understand a P&L statement.
- University degree completion, preferred
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression - this really could be a move towards the exciting opportunity to drive strategy and build a marketing career with the leader in Food & Beverage.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you'd expect from a business the size of Nestle including a comprehensive total rewards benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one as well as a Company matched retirement savings plan, Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.