Do you want to be part of our innovative and entrepreneurial team?
Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy working in a team atmosphere? Are you an “outside the box” thinker who strives to implement continuous improvements? Do you take a strategic approach to your work? Do you enjoy in a fast-paced culture where your opinions are valued and respected? Do you enjoy building partnerships to solve mutually beneficial challenges?
Mitacs is a national not-for-profit that helps industry and non-profit partners solve strategic challenges by leveraging Canada’s world-class post-secondary talent and a global network of industry, academic, and government partnerships. Through these collaborations, Mitacs helps business and community partners succeed, improves students’ on-the-job skills development, and strengthens Canada’s world-class innovation ecosystem. At Mitacs, we strive to develop the next generation of innovators with vital research and business skills. In partnership with domestic and international companies, governments and academia, we support a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource – its people.
To get a better understanding of Mitacs and read more about our values please visit our website
Senior Project Manager – Marketing
Mitacs is seeking an outstanding Senior Project Manager for our marketing communications team. A disciple of the agile methodology adapted for marketing and communications, you are a seasoned project manager, strong collaborator, and driver of business value for the organization. You are a key facilitator who can pave the way for success ensuring our marketing communications are delivered on time and on budget, by maximizing the talent of our team.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing Communications, you will be the agile PM champion and will interface with all departments and internal stakeholders to manage and prioritize the backlog while incorporating stakeholder and customer feedback along the way. You are a capable change agent, ushering in new processes and workflows to help the marketing communications organization scale and achieve a collaborative, flexible method to involve internal stakeholders and help them prioritize and negotiate projects to yield the highest value.
- Co-design and manage agile project management processes and workflows (scrum, Kanban, lean, scrumban) within the marketing communications department and across the organization
- Collaborate across teams to build a common understanding of agile principles and culture within the organization
- Continually interface with all teams, both inside and outside of marketing communications, to help the team effectively collaborate with others
- Apply a strategic perspective to help define user stories, prioritize the backlog, and streamline with execution of projects, keeping long term strategic goals in the team’s sight
- Anticipate roadblocks and negotiate clear and transparent project management practices that engage stakeholders to make decisions, and ensuring the team knows what to work on when
- Protect the team from external interruptions, separating legitimate emergencies and opportunities from unnecessary derailments
- Accountable for reporting and demonstrating business results of the Marcom team’s work
- Help ensure an ongoing commitment to the client and stakeholders-centric perspective within the team
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, commerce or other relevant discipline
- PMP designation with expertise in marketing communications
- Agile Project Management Certification
- A minimum of 5 years prior related corporate, agency or not-for-profit experience;
- Proven working experience as PM in marketing communications, sales, channel, or digital (not strictly IT development)
- High level of proficiency and technical expertise with project management software (MS Teams, Planner, Project; Asana; or other equivalent PM software and technologies
- Knowledge of accessibility standards, WCAG 2.0+, and inclusive design principles a definite asset
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in French an asset
Mitacs has a COVID-19 policy in place that requires all employees to be fully vaccinated to protect our team and our stakeholders, subject to any accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation. More information about getting vaccinated can be found here.
At Mitacs we believe a diverse workforce comprised of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds is crucial to our success. We encourage candidates to connect with us and share ways how we may accommodate their needs during the recruitment process.