Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they're going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ2580
Location: Calgary/Edmonton (post-Covid, attendance in-office will be required on a hybrid/regular arrangement)
Apply by: September 30, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader: Director of Internal Communications
Under the direction of the Internal Communications Director, the Communications Specialist is a key member of the Internal Communications team. This individual will be required to understand key initiatives, listen to team members and understand their communications needs, identify issues and priorities,and implement and support the tactical execution of communications strategies that align with the business goals of ATB's internal audiences and business areas.
Specific accountabilities include:
Communications planning and development: As part of the overall strategic communication plan, the Communications Specialist supports the development and execution of communication strategies that clearly deliver on ATB's business objectives.
- Develops, designs and/or implements communication outputs under the direction of the Internal Communications Directors or Senior Communications Managers, including researching, writing, editing and coordinating projects.
- Writes and edits content for a range of media including intranet, video and livestreams/podcasts that reflects the ATB voice.
- Helps coordinate the collection of measurements aligned with the effectiveness of communications plans.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams and provides communications assistance.
- Acts as a partner to support internal client requests.
- Helps maintain the intranet and supporting online platforms.
Brand and strategic alignment: As a member of the communications team, plays a role in building our brand and advancing our culture.
- Ensure all communications are aligned with ATB's purpose and brand promise, influencing team member engagement and our employer brand, reinforcing our strategic goal of being the place to work
- Enhance and advance ATB's culture and corporate image by infusing our corporate values internally and proactively managing our reputation
- Position business strategies and business plans within the context of ATB's corporate strategy and business plan to further enhance team member understanding and engagement
- Monitor sites and enforce governance where necessary
Resource management, channels & tools: An internal communications expert continually striving to learn and hone their skills with passion for collaborating to ?up the game' in corporate communications at ATB.
- Develop strategies and implement tools that make it easy for team members to access information, and materials they need to do their job.
- Drives user engagement and participation with internal digital platforms
- Analyzes, reviews, and reports on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Share best practices and lead the team in seeking out innovative trends to adopt within communications solutions
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data to develop a thorough understanding of stakeholder motivations, preferences and opinions, and uses these to improve channel usability
- Willing and able to ?roll up their sleeves? to do what it takes to meet deadlines and deliver effective solutions
- 2-4 years of relevant internal communications experience
- University degree or related post-secondary diploma/certificate in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Strong listening and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets) and Trello considered an asset
- Results-focused approach and strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- able to build strong relationships with and be seen as a trusted partner
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities of multiple, large-scale, complex projects and people simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully balance competing priorities
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards... learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta's largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we've transformed people's understanding of what banking can-and should-make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB's story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It's why we're also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we're just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
To learn more about atb, visit atb.com.
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
We are also an equal opportunity employer. Find out more about what to expect when applying.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!
ATB is happy to know you're interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.