This role is a leader and champion for Herschel's Creative & Marketing teams, managing the development and delivery of marketing-related projects that drives our brand purpose and corporate objectives. Leading all key initiatives and seasonal marketing development from end to end (from sell-in to go-live), the role is focused on building marketing operations infrastructure, cross functional collaboration, project management process and methodology to remove friction points driving efficiency.
This role requires both strong cross-department relationship building and detailed project management skills and experience. Although not directly responsible for all inputs to the marketing plans, this role is responsible for delivering all marketing assets on time, and on strategy. This role is most successful when the individual in the role is adept at can gathering inputs from all stakeholders (including executives), determine the best way to accomplish the goals and setting forth a plan to deliver the required creative asset.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, we pride ourselves in being a collaborative, open-minded and an imaginative team. The individual in this role:
- Works collaboratively with Product & Sales leadership to confirm key product to inform the Go To Market (GTM) Calendar
- Oversees seasonal GTM key dates, workbacks, working closely with GTM Team, Sales, Brand, & eComm,
- Works closely with Studio Manager to ensure key production dates are aligned with GTM workback,
- Supports marketing leadership in development of Sell-In & GTM briefs and channel plans Kicks off Creative & Production, walking through the GTM Brief, facilitating concept reviews and production kickoff.
- Ensures all departments are aligned on marketing calendar campaigns and projects,
- Aligns our global teams with the Head Quarter master marketing calendar and providing guidance on,
- Identifies, manages and aligns, cross departmental dependencies by building and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organization,
- Facilitates and improves the end to end campaign operations experience and the customer journey experience,
- Continuously refine, optimize and innovate current processes, workflows and project methodologies through tools and technology for scale and future growth.
Marketing & Creative Operations Management
- Ensures high-level objectives are reflected in the brief and that the brief is adhered to throughout,
- Oversees and manages all production / post production resources including long-lead planning, and capacity management
- monitoring efficiency and potential risks/opportunities,
- Accountable for overall production budget and ensuring costs are contained (>$1M in 2021),
- Supports the Creative Director in management of creative resources (internally and externally),
- Responsible for the marketing & production calendar, campaign process (from end to end), including production budget,
- Manages the Jr. Project Manager, overseeing the delivery of post-production assets
- evaluate and implement innovative ways for continuous improvement to maximize efficiency while ensuring high quality end results,
Leadership & Communication
- Works closely with Product, SVP of Marketing to stay on top of special projects (DTC, partnerships, community, etc.),
- Manages project priority setting with SVP of Marketing and ensures the team stays accountable,
- Strive for, and lead the team to exemplify, excellence in client service and delivery of strong creative assets,
- Create innovative solutions and question the status quo,
- Gatekeeper of all campaign information, provides key updates and seeks alignment across departments,
- Develop trust-based relationships with internal teams (across all departments), external teams, and SVP/leadership members,
- Collaborate closely with Agency colleagues for operational effectiveness, cross-functional collaboration and alignment across priorities.
- 7+ years of professional operations and/or marketing/creative management experience *Lifestyle-brand experience is a bonus,
- 2+ years experience managing, leading, and inspiring a diverse team,
- Strong understanding of consumer marketing and campaign management across both digital and traditional channels.
- Strong understanding of Brand Management,
- Experience creating and organizing workflows for digital and physical marketing content,
- A collaborative and strategic leadership mindset
- you consistently look to improve and problem-solve the work you're in,
- Demonstrated ability to develop, apply, and maintain rigorous creative process and production,
- through applied programs, tools, implementation, training, and change management,
- Excellent communication skills, a meticulous eye for detail, and commitment to always improving the process,
- Deep understanding of how to collect and use data to inform foundational systems and guidelines for optimal output,
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability,
- Experience advising and consulting with senior executives with a solution-oriented approach,