Requisition ID: 123114
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of Scotia Wealth Management's Investment and Advisory Solutions team in Toronto, Ontario, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Assist with the strategic communication and marketing initiatives for the suite of fee-based investment products offered by Scotia Wealth Management. The individual will be responsible for the delivery of strategic and tactical insights and messaging around Scotia Wealth Management's investment offering for wealth advisors, relationship managers, and their teams. The Manager will help with implementation of marketing strategies, campaigns, messaging, and programs to promote products and services. She or he will assist with the development of the annual communication / marketing plan and resulting initiatives. The manager role requires design, layout, technical writing, creative and organization skills with ability to multitask.
The incumbent will be responsible for responding to field queries and requests for proposals on an ongoing basis, while ensuring timely delivery of relevant communications to help support various programs across multiple advisory channels.
The individual must be able to independently manage requests from the wealth advisory teams (ScotiaMcLeod and Private Investment Counsel) and maintain a working relationship with in-house (1832 Asset Management L.P.) and third party investment managers to ensure quality and consistency of investment messaging.
Key partners include: investment advisory, legal and compliance teams, Scotia Wealth Management marketing team, and Northern Trust Global Advisors.
The individual must be able to champion advisor- and client-oriented marketing initiatives, consult with key business partners, and recommend appropriate approaches to achieve marketing objectives.
The position requires a professional with the ability to work in a fast-paced, matrix environment. Individuals who will succeed in this role will be self-starters, with strong work ethic and passion for excellence with a drive to achieve their full potential. Accountabilities
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- In partnership with stakeholders, implement communication initiatives to advance the positioning of investment products and services.
- Participate in product launches, create communication, product positioning, and promotional materials.
- Assist with building out a holistic investment communication suite, ensuring the needs of the sales partners are met with repeatable, timely, and effective marketing materials that provide qualitative and quantitative insights on investment strategies, portfolios, and markets.
- Leverage product marketing from Northern Trust Global Advisors, 1832 Asset Management L.P., Global Portfolio Advisory Group, and Scotia Asset Management to enhance and strengthen client communications and delivery.
- Work closely with Scotia Wealth Management marketing team to ensure brand compliance.
- Continue to evaluate, monitor, and improve the Advisor marketing offer and ensure all processes and resources are optimized in support of investment offering.
- Remain current on market developments and ensure readiness to respond where investment strategies are affected.
- Execute writing projects, including drafting and editing content, and managing the approval process for print and digital initiatives.
- Communicate emerging issues or problems to applicable stakeholders and identify and lead timely solutions, where applicable.
- Actively solicit input from colleagues and other internal groups to develop and implement or improve communication programs and sales tools.
- Ensure adherence to brand standards (visuals, layout, logo, colour, messaging, product naming conventions etc.).
- Coordinate and moderate meetings and conference calls with investment managers and other internal partners.
- Provide Business Development support:
- Participate in strategic planning process.
- Remain current on competitive and emerging trends in wealth management industry to apply knowledge to new initiatives.
- Identify and develop strategic sales support tools, ideas or campaigns to add value to the sales and service process, as required.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.