Requisition ID: 122520
Cost Centre: DW ASSET MANAGEMENT
Employee Referral Program
- Potential Reward: $2,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Leads and oversees Scotia Global Asset Management (SGAM) marketing in Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Responsible for developing and managing an effective approach to product and brand marketing across several SGAM brands, including, but not limited to: Dynamic Funds, ScotiaFunds, 1832 Investment Counsel and 1832 Asset Management.
- Manage a team of subject matter experts and technical product specialists on how to develop compelling campaign strategies, effective sales enablement programs and product support. Motivate the team to drive results that align with strategic business objectives. This will entail working closely with Product Management, Product Development, Investment Communication & Product Experience, Product Analytics, Compliance and partnering with several teams across Global Marketing.
- Understand and apply a deep knowledge of the Asset Management and Wealth industry including regulatory changes, product trends and analytics. Drive the team towards data-driven, quantitative and qualitative marketing and branding methodologies and define points of competitive differentiation.
- Foster a digital first approach by collaborating and integrating with the digital marketing team to ensure an integrated advisor and investor experience on all web properties.
Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Team of 18 with 7 direct reports
- Primarily supporting SGAM brands in Canada as well as consultative product and brand support in Mexico, Chile, Peru, Columbia, Jamaica and the English Caribbean.
- Managing and administering a marketing budget of approx. $7.5M
- Partnering with Compliance and Business Controls partnership and audit support
- Understanding of the IIROC and MFDA dealer associations and advisor profile
- Familiarity with competitive landscape, advertising and product offerings
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- Deep knowledge of Canadian asset management industry
- Demonstrates ability to use data, insights and analytics to achieve marketing and business objectives
- Demonstrates ability to effectively plan and manage the work of diverse, multiple teams.
- Demonstrates ability to influence groups and/or more senior associates.
- Demonstrates ability to plan processes and work across broad, diverse groups to assure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in leading/facilitating with senior business leaders on broad/controversial topics inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of high complexity
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel domestically.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.