Content Marketing Manager Role Description
The App Labb, a leading mobile app development company based in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Content Manager to add to our growing marketing team. We are looking for an empathetic storyteller who is deeply curious and creative about our targeted customers and their challenges.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to look at company goals and use words, images, or audio to create content that draws an audience and provides a warm handshake between potential clients and our sales team. You have a passion for new technologies and are constantly looking for ways to amplify your content and find new ways to engage with our target audience.
Work Closely with Sales and Senior Leadership
Immerse yourself in the problems, challenges and innovations in our target markets and target customer profiles to develop valuable content that provides influence and decision support.
Plan Your Editorial Calendar
Work in conjunction with the marketing, sales and senior leadership teams to develop a comprehensive content calendar for all platforms.
Write, Edit and Publish High Quality Content
Researching, writing, and editing high-quality content that address the most important questions and challenges our potential clients are facing. This includes but is not limited to checklists, guides, ebooks, whitepapers, case studies, gated long form content, video scripts/outlines, nurture emails, sales scripts, outreach emails, repurposing high performing content (infographics, checklists, nurture flows etc).
You have solid experience in using tools such as Google analytics, Hubspot and the Google Search Console and you are excited about tracking and measuring the performance of content across all platforms.
Our content manager can expect to work on the following but not limited to;
- Regular publication of new content based on sales and brand insights and requirements
- Regular interviews of stakeholder and internal subject matter experts in order to develop related content
- Writing, editing and reviewing email nurture flow content, newsletters, webinar outlines, whitepapers, case studies, longform content, website copy, landing pages, campaign landing pages
- Ownership of all analytics and reporting for content marketing programs
- Search engine optimization (SEO) for website and content.
- Social media posts for community engagement and long-term content promotion
- Deeply immerse yourself in the TAL brand and website to create content that supports our sales and conversion objectives and desired brand identity in the industry
- Use target keywords to write search-engine copy that is optimized for search engines (SEO) while remaining informative
- Ongoing curiosity around best practices in the industry and review competitor content across all platforms to assess gaps and needs for additional content
- Responsible for content creation and management of targeted content for the company's website and all digital assets
- Develop a web content plan that encompasses the goals of a company and aligns with the company's brand, tone and shared sales and marketing team KPI's
- Work closely with marketing and sales teams to create digital content and monitor its performance and effectiveness on an ongoing basis
- Develop and maintain a content marketing calendar that tracks performance and delivery across all platforms
- Formulating a cross-platform content strategy
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new ideas
- Build a following on social media
- Provide editorial, creative and technical support to team members
- Track web analytics to ascertain content engagement levels.
- Manage content across all platforms, including email and social media
- Regularly test and refine content efforts based on insights, performance and results
- 4-6 years demonstrated experience in developing targeted content for an agency or in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to leverage creativity and market analysis skills to develop fresh and unique content to support company conversion and brand goals
- SEO expert who can write creative content that delivers on effective keyword placement and high ranking industry search terms
- Superior verbal communication skills with an excellent command of the English language
- Excellent interviewing skills (internal and external stakeholders and SME's/industry experts to gain essential insights and frameworks needed to develop effective content strategies
- Superior computer literacy and demonstrated experience in writing, analysing and editing HTML scripts
- Superior written communication skills and an ability to read and write fluently in English
- Experience with social media engagement strategies and best practices
- Strong skills in creating original content that targets a specific audience and meets company objectives
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns
- Intermediate technical knowledge of MS Office, G-Suite and WordPress
- An understanding of common editorial style guides, e.g. AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite (formatting content for web)
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field OR
- College Diploma in Communications, Journalism or related field
How You Measure Success
- The content manager will be measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and conversion through storytelling, as well as the organic increase in new prospects, through the consistent development and deployment of content.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics across all channels
- Growth in overall organic website traffic and other tracked inbound traffic sources
- Social media engagement and consistent growth across all TAL social properties
- Steady and directly attributable increases in key search engine keyword rankings
- Clearly map and deliver content across all key stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing) and demonstrate influence
Currently, the position is fully remote within Canada, but we would prefer the candidate to be residing within the GTA or willing to relocate to GTA post the current pandemic situation. Must be eligible to work in Canada without restriction
- we cannot support international candidates or VISA processes at this time.
About The AppLabb
TheAppLabb is a leading mobile app development firm focused on strategy, design, and development of cutting-edge apps. We are proud to be certified as one of Canada's ?Top 40 Great Places to Work?.
TheAppLabb's comprehensive 360-degree product development process includes ideation, research, app strategy, design, development, maintenance, and customer acquisition. Through its R&D division, TheAppLabb builds solutions with emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence, IOT, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality.
TheAppLabb has developed mobile apps for top brands such as Suncor, Gateway Casinos, JBS, Unilever, Samsung, Dell, Electrolux, Frigidaire, RBC, Hudson's Bay, Teknion, Toronto International Film Festival, Canadian International Auto Show, Rapala, Park N Fly, Banff World Media Festival, Ontario Real Estate Association, etc.