Who We Are
Individually, we excel. As a team, we're unstoppable.
As one of Vancouver's larger law firms, we balance the benefits and resources you expect from a full-service establishment with the friendly, team-oriented environment you'd find at a smaller practice.
Whether lawyers, staff, or students, Boughton Law team members share a sense of initiative, strong communication skills, and a pragmatic approach.
Who We Are Looking For
Boughton Law is looking for a versatile and creative Marketing Specialist. Reporting to the Business Development Manager and servicing lawyers and their staff, the successful candidate will work both independently and as a team to carry out initiatives supporting the firm's marketing and business development goals.
To be effective in this role, the candidate must become a student of the legal industry, understanding the essential aspects of a wide variety of legal fields of practice. The candidate must be prepared to work with minimal supervision to represent the firm in a highly professional manner while interacting with various senior firm and business leaders. This role touches the entire spectrum of marketing, and the right candidate isn't expected to be an expert in everything. But...being keen to learn and grow (without prompting) as new projects are assigned, and new technologies become available is essential!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Marketing and Design Services Specialist leads and executes various marketing initiatives, contributes to the development and enhancement of Boughton Law's integrated marketing and business development strategy, and serves as liaison with marketing service providers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Design: Create and update marketing collateral and artwork for signage, social media, digital and print advertisements, infographics, invitations, brochures, announcements, etc.
- Department Coordination: Maintain an organized library of marketing project files and assets, and ensure timely processing of invoices with the finance team. Manage current and future trade association memberships and filing requirements.
- Event Management: End-to-end management and execution of client events. Work with the entire marketing team to execute larger-scale activations and events.
- Digital Marketing: Maintain and build Boughton Law's digital presence on several platforms, including the firm's website, social media accounts, etc.
- RFPs and Proposals: Coordinate lawyers for proposal submissions.
- Relationship Management: Act as the face of Boughton Law when building relationships with external vendors, service providers and partner organizations.
- Content Marketing: Research, write and edit copy and storyboards for articles, videos, infographics etc.
- Adaptation: Recommend and implement new marketing technologies and methodologies when their benefit is clear.
- Strategic Marketing: Assist in developing firm-wide approaches in areas such as public relations, business community outreach, branding and client relationship management.
- Minimum 3
- 5 years of experience in a marketing/communications environment, with a portfolio of demonstrated creative work. Experience within professional services or other sales-oriented firms is an asset but not required.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Marketing or Communications. Relevant experience will also be considered.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software, Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and intermediate knowledge of online marketing tools (e.g. Hootsuite, SurveyMonkey, Mailchimp, Google AdWords).
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), Google products (e.g. Google Analytics) and WordPress
- Fundamental-to-intermediate programming skills (Advanced Excel, HTML/CSS, PHP). Willingness to grow on an ongoing basis as the need arises.
- Fundamental photography and videography skills are preferred.
- Must be familiar with RFP and proposal best practices.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a proven copywriting ability for a diverse business audience.
- Proven organization and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and act with poise in stressful situations while balancing potential competing interests.
- Ability to work extra hours, including occasional evenings and weekends as the need arises.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive health benefits for employees and family members
- Wellness subsidy
- A matching pension program
- Flexible work arrangements
- An annual education/tuition allowance
- Personal and flex days for personal appointments and commitments
- Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonus program