Reporting to the Manager, Segment Marketing, the Segment Marketing Manager will be responsible for the consistent and disciplined execution of the category management process; leading the product strategic stewardship process and driving alignment amongst key stakeholders to deliver budget and long-term volume, revenue, and margin targets for the segment by creating value for our customers, distributors, associates and the organization.
- Develops short-term and long-term product and segment strategies
- Understands and communicates customer needs, market trends, and market dynamics including size, growth, value chain, segmentation, and competitive landscape, for the purpose of identifying growth opportunities and developing and implementing business plans or initiatives to capture them
- Defines PSO (Product Service Offering) for the category to target value-driven customer segments
- Conducts portfolio reviews
- Launches new products and conduct market research
- Leads cross-functional teams which may include members from Research and Development, Sales, Tech Services, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Customer Order Fulfillment
- Manages key marketing activities including tradeshow selection, advertising campaigns, development of sales materials, Public Relations, etc.
- Responsible for the overall category management including SKU optimization, marketing budget and annual planning process
- Participates in projects to improve overall Marketing department processes and capabilities
- Evaluates and approves ideas through a disciplined Category Management Process
- Evaluates and resources projects based on relative value and probability of success through a disciplined Strategic Stewardship Process
- Continuously and profitably improving both the product and service sides of the Product Service Offering (PSO) to create brand value, targeting value driven customer segments that will pay more for our products value difference
- Shares the responsibility with Sales organization to deliver the total product category's volume and margin targets
- Acts as the process owner to execute the PSO changes, customer target strategy and geographic strategy into the market on time and with quality execution
- Defines PSO (brand value goals) and financial goals for each of our product categories in order to efficiently manage the number of product SKUs
- Determines and executes a marketing support plan (advertising, trade shows, and sales materials) to drive the PSO initiatives to success
- Prepares and conducts training sessions and webinars
- Determines and manages a marketing spending budget
- Measures and monitors results of all PSO changes and marketing support plans, revising strategy and execution when needed to hit the strategic goals
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
- 5-7 years of related experience is required
- Prior Field Sales experience and/or Product Management experience strongly preferred
- Ability to translate science/technology into marketing communications is an asset
- A Bachelor's degree
- A Masters of Business Administration is preferred
- Strategic Thinking Ability
- Strong Project Management skills
- Analytical Skills
- Marketing Management skills (product, promotion, price)
- Strong customer focus / Brand building orientation
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Organized, effective time management skills
- The ability to take technical information and translate it into terms that our existing and potential customers will easily understand
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Non-Authoritative Leadership (NAL) skills
- Strong coaching skills
- Strategic focus
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Comfortable with making decisions based on both facts and judgment
- Computer skills (SAP, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Project etc.)
- This is an office based role. Some business travel may be required.
Our One HFC Culture:
Our one HFC Culture focuses on four key values of safety, integrity, teamwork and ownership. They influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization. Safety is first. We care about our people and work tirelessly to make sure they return home safely, every day. Everything we do is done with integrity. We encourage growth and exciting possibilities by championing a culture of teamwork and ownership.
ABOUT HOLLYFRONTIER CORPORATION
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminal line, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier Corporation subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.