Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing & Communications, and working closely with the broader Marketing & Communications team, the Director, Marketing & Communications is accountable for elevating awareness of the Arthritis Society among francophone and anglophone audiences in the province of Quebec and among francophones across Canada. In alignment with nationwide strategies, the Director will take leadership in a broad range of strategic activities including media relations, stakeholder relations, storytelling, digital communications, advertising and event communications in order to expand the engagement of Quebec residents and French-speaking Canadians with the Arthritis Society and our mission.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Working closely with Marketing & Communications leadership to develop the annual plan, ensuring relevance and impact for Quebec residents and other French-speaking audiences.
- Establishing and strengthening relationships with Quebec-based media to increase media presence.
- Leading implementation of Quebec-based advertising initiatives, including digital and print content supplements.
- Identifying and creating compelling copy and storylines for both online and offline formats.
- Collaborating with the Vice President, Quebec to ensure emerging marketing and communications support needs are identified and addressed.
- Cultivating, stewarding and preparing spokespeople and brand ambassadors for awareness activities.
- Advising and supporting the social media team on content and strategy for Quebec audiences, as needed.
- Supporting the development and implementation of French-language arthritis information and support programs.
- Remaining abreast of emerging issues related to people with arthritis in Quebec to ensure the Arthritis Society is always positioned proactively.
- Leading assigned nationwide projects, including the organization’s healthcare professionals engagement project.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- The successful candidate will possess a university degree or college diploma in communications, marketing or public relations, with a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in the not-for-profit sector, preferably in a fundraising-dependent organization.
- A strategic and creative thinker, the Director will possess demonstrated success developing and implementing comprehensive and integrated marketing and communications programs, have a seasoned knowledge of the Quebec media landscape and be adept with media pitching.
- Outstanding storytelling skills, knowledge of social media as a marketing and communications tool, and experience with email marketing/newsletter campaigns to grow engagement is a must.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects and to consistently meet deadlines in an innovative and versatile environment is essential.
- A skilled and tactful communicator, the Director is comfortable liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels and is experienced at ‘leading from behind’ to help achieve group goals.
- Fully bilingual verbal and written English and French language skills, and experience working within a bilingual environment, is essential.
A career at the Arthritis Society is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to make a difference in the lives of people affected by arthritis. Our new strategic plan, Accelerating Impact, conveys a vision for growth as we work to meet the needs of increasing numbers of people (six million Canadians of all ages) impacted by this devastating disease. In addition to work that has a positive impact, you will be joining an organization that embraces innovation and is committed to being a great place to work. We are an energizing corporate culture, constantly learning, rigorously measuring our work, and building on our achievements to reach more people nationwide. Our people are essential to this success and we will empower you to be successful in your role. The Arthritis Society is honoured to be a 2019 Canada’s Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures winner, and proud to be accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce, and welcome and encourage applications from qualified and talented candidates who embrace our core values. We focus on recruiting candidates who are interested in growth, learning and encourage new and smarter ways of working.
If you are interested in, and qualified for, this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume in both English and French languages by September29, 2021. We thank all applicants for their expression of interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are encouraged to visit our official careers site at www.arthritis.ca/careers where you can view all our current job opportunities across Canada and learn more about why you should join our team!