Date Posted: 09/12/2021
Req ID: 14569
Faculty/Division: Faculty of Arts & Science
Department: Can. Inst for Theoretical Astrophysics
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Faculty of Arts & Science is the heart of Canada's leading university and one of the most comprehensive and diverse academic divisions in the world. The strength of Arts & Science derives from our combined teaching and research excellence in the humanities, sciences and social sciences across 29 departments, seven colleges and 46 interdisciplinary centres, institutes and programs.
We can only realize our mission with the dedication and excellence of engaged staff and faculty. The diversity of opportunities and perspectives within the Faculty reflect the local and global landscape and the need for curiosity, innovative thinking and collaboration. At Arts & Science, we take pride in our legacy of innovation and discovery that has changed the way we think about the world.
Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI), the Research Project and Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the research project activities of the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA). This includes the scintillometry group founded be a number of external grants, CHIME, and CHIME-FRB.
The Research Project and Administrative Assistant also serves as an occasional backup to reception, and provides front-line and administrative support to the Department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing data collected for publications and/or presentations use
- Providing detailed information on upcoming funding and report requirements and deadlines
- Liaising with agencies, collaborators, industry sponsors, faculty and other stakeholders regarding funding applications
- Writing research summaries for reporting purposes
- Determining logistical details required for field trips
- Tracking and collecting information on project progress
- Coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials, action and follow-up items
- Generating standard financial reports
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years of recent and related experience in research project coordination, preferably in an academic environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project financial administration, and stakeholder communications.
- Experience with providing research administrative support (e.g. preparing reports and correspondences).
- Experience with event and field trip logistics support (e.g. venue bookings, catering arrangements, travel and accommodations).
- Experience in providing front-line customer service.
- Experience updating and maintaining websites.
- Experience with organizing and maintaining filing systems.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite and online information sharing platforms (e.g. Google docs).
- Intermediate skills with content management systems (e.g. WordPress, Drupal)
- Basic skills in graphic editing/formatting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Intermediate skills with HTML.
To be successful in this role you will be:
Closing Date: 09/21/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Grant
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 07
- $52,173 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $66,722. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Research Administration & Teaching
Note: This is a one-year, grant-funded, term position.