Gateway Mechanical currently has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Representative!
Based in Saskatoon, or Regina, SK the Business Development Representative at Gateway Mechanical Services is responsible for sourcing and securing new customers. The Business Development Representative will work within a team environment to pursue business opportunities for Gateway Service. Activities will be directed by a centralized business development function and will support growth in the market segments that have been identified as key priorities for growth.
- Prospect new clients & businesses
- Pursue and close new preventative maintenance contracts
- Consistently meet and exceed annual sales targets
- Under the direction of the Sales Director, develop detailed sales plans that support growth in specific market segments.
- Develop and execute detailed sales plans and forecasts by evaluating customer needs, market conditions and competitor analysis.
- Identify and evaluate new markets and partnership opportunities through networking and direct prospecting.
- Utilize proven sales methods to identify and solicit potential clients for future work (Gateway Sales Playbook)
- Prepare complete and concise reports, agreement packages and proposals to present to clients.
- Prepare and lead presentations to potential clients.
- Effectively negotiate and close new business opportunities.
- Work with the Sales Team to develop annual new business revenue budgets and market penetration plans.
- Prepare accurate documentation for efficient client onboarding.
- Attend start up meetings with new clients to ensure smooth transition to operations and account managers.
- Ensure CRM database is maintained
- Maximize relationship capital with potential revenue sources Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Experience in selling strategic programs
- Experience securing major/national contracts
- 5+ years senior business development experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prospect, negotiate and close new business.
- Post-secondary education in mechanical trades, HVAC, or a similar field is an asset
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills, time management skills and written/oral communications skills
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge and training in the consultative sales process
- Professional, approachable and customer-service oriented
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple bid packages concurrently
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Skilled using Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Experience with CRM tools
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales targets
- Self-starter and ability to work under minimal supervision If you are ready to discover your potential then we want to hear from you!