Job Description :
Position: Senior Associate
- Marketing & Communication Full Time
File #: 2021-23099
Status: Permanent Full Time
Reports to: Director, Brand & Marketing Communications
Site: Primarily based out of Trillium Health Partners Foundation's office at 89 Queensway W, Mississauga, with some work executed across all three sites of Trillium Health Partners: Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre
Posted: September 10, 2021
Internal Deadline: September 24, 2021
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is the largest community-based academic health network in Ontario serving over 1.5 million residents of the communities of Mississauga, Peel Region and west Toronto. The hospital encompasses three main sites: Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre
- offering a full range of acute care hospital services, as well as being the designated regional care centre for several programs including paediatrics, cardiac, renal and cancer care.
Working with donors, Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF) raises the critical funds needed to address the highest priority needs of Trillium Health Partners, specifically in the areas of building and revitalizing patient spaces, equipment and technology; research, education and innovation.
Our Foundation was formed in 2013 through the voluntary amalgamation of two exceptional foundations; the Credit Valley Hospital Foundation and the Trillium Health Centre Foundation. Trillium Health Partners Foundation is strategically poised to drive further success as one of the highest performing hospital foundations in the country, in the service of enabling our hospital group to continue to redefine health care as a provincial and national leader as we have embarked in a 10 year $350M comprehensive campaign.
Together, our team works toward inspiring our community to invest in a new kind of health care for a healthier community, while embodying the values of our team created ?ICARE' philosophy: Inspiration, Courage, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
The Senior Associate, Communications & Marketing is a full-time position within the Marketing and Community Engagement team at Trillium Health Partners Foundation, reporting to the Director, Brand & Marketing Communications. This is a brand new role focused on the enabling and execution of marketing and PR programs that support the acquisition and retention of donors, advocates and supporters contributing to the Foundation's annual goals, and the goals of the fundraising teams.
With a high level of enthusiasm, you are eager to participate in an inspiring organization that makes a significant impact within our community. You possess a strong service orientation, have a mix of traditional marketing and PR skills. You are highly motivated and ambitious and have a self-starter and entrepreneurial mindset and love not only creating new concepts but execution. Ready to work hard, contribute, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, you must be passionately inspired by our mission to inspire investment in a new kind of health care.
Along with the support from other team members and agency partners, you're responsible for the execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns, PR and media relations; all contributing to our goal of driving fundraising to support our hospital. You will also support the marketing needs of various fundraising teams across the organization (your ?clients?), acting as their lead contact for the marketing team
- Ensures programs strategically planned & executed with a multi-channel approach and collaborates with Senior Associate, Digital Marketing on any digital fundraising tactics.
- Develops briefs and manages marketing requests for all print and offline marketing projects and responsible for liaising with graphic design, content, agency partners, and potential community partners where needed and where there is an identified opportunity
- Supports the planning and execution of the organization's major brand fundraising campaign and manages timely delivery of tasks and deliverables
- Stays connected to Hospital colleagues, responsible for participating in joint hospital content meetings to effectively plan and shared communications, and managing joint ad-hoc projects (photo requests, story requests, etc)
- Responsible for the Foundation's content calendar, and meets on a weekly basis with all clients to ensure all marketing projects are represented across the Foundation.
- Acts as the Foundation lead on any PR/Media Relations projects working collaboratively with THP Communications team and/or PR agencies. Activities include but are not limited to: media pitching, coordinating interviews, securing invites, working with talent, reporting on media impressions, preparing all documents (ie press releases), proactively bringing new media/PR opportunities to the organization.
- Supports all donor recognition and foundation event PR projects and Press Conferences, including all ?mass? donor recognition (newspaper ads, etc
- Responsible for liaising with media outlets and print vendors: Mississauga News, Etobicoke Guardian, Brampton Guardian, Globe, etc., as well as community partners (City of Mississauga, Square One, MBOT, etc).
- Works with team to develop compelling creative & content aligned with editorial calendar, and fundraising program goals.
- Adheres to brand guidelines, tone and voice when executing projects. Champions the organization's brand.
- Builds strong, collaborative relationships within the Foundation, with key departments within the hospital and with various vendors.
- Stays engaged and current with hospital updates, health care topics and news of relevance to Marketing and PR.
At Trillium Health Partners Foundation, we care passionately about fulfilling the needs of our hospital and our community. To achieve this objective, our team is committed to embodying the values of our team-created ?ICARE? philosophy: inspiration, courage, accountability, respect, and excellence. The selected candidate must be eager and able to contribute to advancing this organizational culture.
University degree in business, marketing, communication or other related disciplines, with 5+ years of marketing, communications, and PR/media experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing integrated marketing campaigns, PR and media relations, and strong knowledge of best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective at building relationships and able to work well with donors, colleagues and key Foundation and Hospital stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a busy environment managing multiple projects, shifting priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a strong personal commitment to excellence
- Highly professional and articulate with sensitivity, discretion and an appropriate demeanour.
Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Word in particular).
- Donor/Client database experience (Raiser's Edge Experience with Raiser's Edge, Luminate Online, TeamRaiser)
- Experience working with Hootsuite and WordPress
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours and to tight deadlines as needed, prioritizing tasks with the Director-some after-hours work may be required.
- Working remotely during COVID-19 is supported and encouraged. Under more regular circumstances, work occurs at the Foundation office (89 Queensway W) with some flexibility to work remotely.
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle an asset.
- Please click here submit your cover letter and résumé through the online application system
- For further information on Trillium Health Partners Foundation we invite you to visit our website at www.trilliumgiving.ca
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.