Are you an experienced Graphic Designer who is looking to build on your strong track record of designing and branding electronic and print materials in an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of Indigenous Peoples within a strengths-based environment?
Thunderbird Partnership Foundation is a national non-profit organization serving First Nations in mental wellness. Our mandate is set by three frameworks: 1. Honouring Our Strengths: A Renewed Framework to Address Substance Use Issues Among First Nations People in Canada 2. Indigenous Wellness Framework 3. First Nations Mental Wellness Continuum
Our core stakeholders are First Nations communities and the national network of First Nations adult and youth treatment centres. To support the mandate, Thunderbird has two office locations; one based in a First Nations community in southwestern Ontario, and the other in the city of London, Ontario. This position may be offered as a remote work position.
- You will work with the Communications Team to ensure consistency across all components and outlets of internal and external communication.
- You will work on a team with others like yourself who are dedicated to work which has real value and meaning in the lives of others.
- You will apply all your experience, skills, talents, and passion for the benefit of others while learning from the expertise of your wellness focused team.
- You will enjoy the satisfaction that comes from knowing that your work is much more than just a job.
- You will work with staff who are kind, supportive, encouraging, and caring.
- Develop short and long-range creative design and branding strategies intended to reach a broad external audience.
- Inspire creativity and provide overall design guidance to the team to elevate the quality of Thunderbird projects and undertake the design process including the design vision and its conceptualization for projects. Education RequirementNot Applicable Experience Requirement
- Certificate or equivalent in Graphic Design AND four (4) years of graphic design work experience OR Bachelor's degree in graphic design AND two (2) years graphic design work experience
- Ability to focus on multiple projects, prioritize work duties and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills
- Excellent knowledge of common industry applications (i.e., Adobe Creative Cloud, especially, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Must have a firm understanding of changing technology, including software and tools for web design
- Familiar with best practices and design methods to create appealing, dynamic, and engaging products
- Knowledge of First Nations traditions and customs is a definite asset
- Commitment to uphold the First Nations defined principles of Ownership, Control, Access and Possession in line with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples in relation to the inclusion of Indigenous Knowledge, intellectual knowledge and intellectual property in the development of products
- Live an exemplary lifestyle as a role model for mental wellness
- Fluency in a First Nations language is a definite asset;
- Comfortable working on bilingual design projects (English and French)
- Ability to function autonomously, to be flexible and adapt to change
- High level of professionalism and able to always maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate clearly in English both in writing and verbally
- Ability to attend work locations not accessible by public transit
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and tight timeframes
- May be required to travel from time to time How to Apply
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume and cover letter for confidential consideration. Thunderbird Partnership Foundation (NNAPF) 22361 Austin Line Bothwell, ON N0P 1C0 Email via Isarta
We value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace and are committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. To request a full job description, please contact: Annette Howlett.