At IBM, work is more than a job
- it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust
The Artificial Intelligence Seller is responsible for the coordination and successful execution of all required sales related activities within an assigned territory or set of accounts to achieve assigned financial sales objectives. This role is focused on expanding IBM's Artificial Intelligence software & services into a select set of clients in Ontario and Eastern Canada. Activities include working with and leveraging other IBM client facing teams to create demand, identify opportunities, qualify opportunities, and then directly executing high quality professional engagements that result in winning opportunities that achieve assigned targets while providing high value customer solutions. Seller will represent Artificial Intelligence software portfolio.
In this Go-to-Market role the candidate is responsible for the identification, development, and assessment of opportunities for potential engagement. They have a thorough understanding of the nature of business problems in the Artificial Intelligence sector, and the products and solutions that provide value in solving those problems. They are knowledgeable in the trends and direction of the Sector, the marketplace, and the players.
Ideal candidate has a passion for solving customer problems, winning every time at everything.What types of technologies and trends, beyond the requirements, should someone in this role be passionate about?
1) All Data and AI related solutions and business problem solving.
2) More precisely, solutions and business problem solving around Data Governnance & Integration, Analytical workload based reporting, Planning Analytics and AI driven digital assistant.
This position can be filled in GTA or Maritimes (preferred)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Min 2 years of experience in face to face software sales
- Experience managing and closing sales cycles with proficiency in account planning, deal strategy, relationship management, negotiation and personal time management
- Experience selling at the CIO/CXO level
- Experience in selling products and services (software, hardware, consulting)
- Consulting skills to be able to consult the issue with the client and propose solution
- Entrepreneur Mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player and leadership acumens
- Resilient and High Achiever
- Presentation skills
- Artificial Intelligence skills a plus (Watson technologies (e.g. Watson assistant), Planning Analytics, Open pages, etc...)
- Hybrid Cloud selling skills and Containerization knowledge are a plus
- Fluent in English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 years of experience in face to face software sales
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change
- to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.