Systems & Communications Coordinator (CS10)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Department of Enrolment and Registrar
Continuing Full-time Position: Commencing approximately September 1, 2021
Application deadline is 11:59 p.m., July 27, 2021
Competition No. 2021-204
Salary range: $53,140.24 to $64,828.75 annually
What you will be doing...
Through a systematic model of communications and service, and through reporting to the Associate Registrar, Admissions Operations and Services, the Systems and Communications Coordinator (SCC) works closely with members of the Enrolment and Registrar team and other business units to support a strong student experience.
Responsible for supporting the development and refinement of a student communications framework, you will use technology, data, and strong written and oral communications skills to advance the student experience. You will collaborate with various stakeholders and on the development, management, troubleshooting and service implications of student communications. Through a lens of continuous improvement, you will refine the communications model by recommending process improvements and efficiencies. You will also play a key role in the coordination and advancement of service delivery.
What we are looking for...
You are a collaborative, team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in your role and you strive for excellence every day. You understand our position as role models to our students and as such, you demonstrate the utmost professionalism, integrity and respect for all persons in everything you do. You are committed to life-long learning, occupational currency and a belief in NSCC's mission. You bring a learning-centered perspective to everything you do. You think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals. You flourish in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role and the College. Is this you?
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a post-secondary diploma in Business, Communications, Marketing, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of recent and related occupational experience in a data management environment.
- You have specialized knowledge and experience in XML and/or HTML.
- You have excellent writing and communications skills.
- Occupational experience that includes the development and deployment of customer or client-focused communications would be considered an asset.
- Advanced training and experience in a customer relationship management tools such as PeopleSoft would be considered an asset.
- You have a demonstrable skill set using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Visio, and Word.)
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in advancing your work
- Experience supporting/providing service to students and prospective students would be considered an asset
Relevant Skills and Knowledge
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and can interact at all levels of an organization
- You are known for your superior customer service skills and can create a relationship of trust beyond the immediate interaction
- Your superb team working skills enable you to contribute positively to a team environment
- You are known for your problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are a strong communicator
- You possess excellent coordination skills specifically related to managing competing priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
- You have proven records and information management skills and abilities
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and demonstrable skill in XML, HTML and customer relationship management systems
- You have the ability to be self-directed and work both autonomously and in teams.
What you will experience at NSCC...
You will change lives. You will join committed individuals as we work to build Nova Scotia's economy and improve quality of life through education and innovation. As an NSCC employee, you will be part of that change.
You will find a place to grow personally and professionally with opportunities for professional development and collaborative projects.
You will do meaningful and challenging work in a publicly accountable and respectful working and learning environment that is diverse, safe, and inclusive. You will have the freedom to enable innovation, improvement and excellence.
You will celebrate the uniqueness of individuals. NSCC campuses are located on the traditional territory of the Mi'kmaq People. Nova Scotia Community College values diversity and inclusion and is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal/Indigenous Persons, members of racially visible communities, persons with disabilities, and women. Applicants from these communities wishing to self-identify may do so by completing an online questionnaire with your application. NSCC offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. As a learning-centred organization, we provide opportunities for every NSCC employee to be a life-long learner. Candidates selected for interviews will be expected to provide at least three recent occupational references. The successful candidate will be expected to provide official transcripts to show proof of academic achievements.
NSCC is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, NSCC will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact Nikki Berrigan, HR Generalist at via Isarta. Our Employee Workplace Accommodation Policy can be found here: https://www.nscc.ca/about_nscc/policies_procedures/index.asp
To apply for College jobs, click on the Apply Now button. First-time users will be asked to set up an account with a username and password. There are three parts to your NSCC application:
1. Your Profile. You can import your resume or your LinkedIn profile to help populate your profile (click Import Options, top right), or you can complete the profile manually. One thing to note if you are using a resume or LinkedIn, they may not import synchronously with the profile, and you may still need to make some manual adjustments.
2. Your Cover Letter and Resume. Towards the bottom of the Application tab, you will see a place to attach or write your cover letter. You will also see a place to attach your resume. Although these two sections say they are optional, they are not optional and are required for a complete NSCC application.
Unfortunately, we can not accept late or paper applications.