Req ID: 116566
Location: Central Zone, Spring Garden Place
Department : PEC Comm Med Affair & Physician Rel
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Management/Non Union MGMT/NON-Union
Posting Closing Date: 6-Aug-21
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Director of Medical Affairs and Physician Relations, the Communications Advisor collaborates with groups throughout the organization to provide communications and engagement advice to advance relationships with more than 3000 physicians and medical learners across the province. Working closely with colleagues in Public Engagement and Communications, the position works to plan, implement, and evaluate communication and engagement infrastructure and activities that build and strengthen the organizations response to issues, challenges and opportunities that bridge the gap between Nova Scotia Health and its physicians, medical learners, and system partners. The Medical Affairs department includes physician recruitment and retention, physician leadership development, medical education, and physician communications and engagement.
- Undergraduate degree and/or post-secondary study in marketing, advertising, mass communications, public relations, journalism or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of three years' relevant experience in the communications and engagement sector.
- Knowledge of best practice related to corporate communications, engagement, public relations, media relations, crisis communications
- Exceptional skills in preparing web, social media, and online engagement strategies with demonstrated success in developing effective content and engaging audiences.
- Demonstrated success in desktop publishing and basic layout design.
- Strategic and system-focused thinking; strong analysis and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to support internal and external collaborative relationships.
- Experience managing public relations issues and in reputation management.
- Computer proficiency and interest and ability to work within social media.
- Ability to manage projects, delivering on budget and on time.
- Assets include:
- Knowledge of change theory and change management practices
- Ability to produce dynamic content across a variety of platforms and for a variety of mediums
- Knowledge and expertise in inbound and digital marketing, audience development
- Knowledge of IAP2 principles and practices
- Experience in the health sector
- Working proficiency of French
Hours of Work
Regular Full Time Position; 75 hours bi-weekly
- $36.2541 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Management/Non Union bargaining unit
- MGMT/NON-Union position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.