This is a hands-on, fast-paced, and quick-learning environment that takes a strong individual who understands strategy, nurturing others to hit deadlines, thrives on organization and in creatively finding solutions, and can sit confidently amongst the leadership team to make critical decisions and provide input.
You will report to the CRO and manage a lean in-house team and external partners in your work towards implementing a communication and marketing strategy that drives growth and represents the company and its stakeholders at the highest standard.
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the integrated, cross-functional marketing process with the goal of increasing the awareness, preference, and demand for our Vitalis brand and solutions over time. The Senior Marketing Manager designs programs to drive increased lead generation and revenue growth. Leading the Marketing team consisting of both employee and external consultants, you will manage the development of communications and marketing campaigns to drive increased Vitalis adoption and repeat demand for Vitalis solutions and services. You are a marketing leader who demonstrates excellent digital and content marketing skills. The Senior Marketing Manager will provide exceptional leadership that promotes teamwork and cooperation to a diverse team consisting of business, creative and scientific professionals focused on delivering effective sales support.
About Vitalis Extraction Technology
Vitalis Extraction Technology engineers, manufactures, and markets supercritical fluid extraction systems used to separate concentrates from organic materials for a wide range of industries including analytics, vitamins/supplements, ingredient development, waste reduction/repurposing, life sciences, biopharmaceuticals, cannabis, hemp, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, fragrances and essential oils. While our operations have grown to span five continents – and counting – we are proudly rooted in beautiful Kelowna, BC Canada.
At Vitalis, we treat our employees the way we treat our customers. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We are looking for professionals that want to join our high-paced and innovative environment that encourages a culture of curiosity, professionalism, resourcefulness, and gratitude.
- Manage and optimize current marketing campaigns for existing products.
- Develop and adjust broad marketing strategies for unserved markets, successfully step into new markets.
- Work with our teams to determine what new products should be brought online by establishing an in depth knowledge of our competitors, markets and potential customers
- Build Vitalis’ brand presence in target geographies, vertical markets and among strategic partners
- Expand Vitalis’ brand through participation and engagement in various activities including trade shows, conferences, conventions, webinars, and other networking opportunities
- With a demand generation focus, analyze competitor behavior and identify market trends
- Develop and drive brand strategy to build awareness, brand love and increase our market share
- Be (and manage) our Brand Ambassador(s)
- Work collaboratively with Sales to ensure a smooth handoff of marketing qualified leads for the sales funnel and the availability of effective tools and alignment between lead generation tactics and regional strategies
- Work collaboratively with Ancillary Sales to deliver material and support tailored to the unique needs of their market
- Evaluate, negotiate, and implement B2B marketing partnerships with business associations to drive awareness, generate leads and demonstrate our leadership within the industry
- Produce various sets of copy for digital marketing touchpoints
- Develop and execute an email segmentation strategy for acquisition and nurture streams
- Develop and implement launch plans for new products and strategies to achieve targets for existing and new products
- Own the lead generation targets; ensure marketing activities are driving lead generation and achieving high ROI and provide quantitative reporting against targets
- Lead and develop marketing and communication projects that bring our agenda to life
- Drive a deep understanding of current and new market segments and insights to determine marketing opportunities
- Lead the development and execution of the social media content calendar, tailoring digital campaigns that drive engagement and inbound traffic
- Manage and coordinate the integrated process for initiatives to bring Vitalis brand and stories to life from brief to concept development to final communication
- Collaborate with Engineering, R&D and Sales to create value propositions and positioning for relevant key stories, sustainability initiatives and future campaigns
- Create briefs that translate to creative work that drives engagement and influence
- Estimate, negotiate and agree on budgets internally
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements
- Mentor team members and implement career development plans across the team including identifying individual and team-wide training needs
- Lead and encourage staff to operate at a high level of effectiveness
- A university degree in Business or Marketing is preferred or a combination of suitable marketing and managing experience
- In depth knowledge of our competitors and leads
- Knowledge of the extraction systems and manufacturing basics is considered an asset
- Knowledge of or experience in industries such as analytics, vitamins/supplements, vanilla, caffeine, ingredient development, GHG protocol, food waste, life sciences, biopharmaceuticals, cannabis, hemp, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, fragrances and essential oils are considered an asset
- Project management skills
- Leadership abilities to mentor, coach employees and boost morale
- Demonstrated knowledge of campaign development, leading digital marketing technologies and channel marketing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups and executive teams
- International Marketing experience preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment and ability to balance multiple, competing priorities and deadlines
- Analytical problem-solving skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Results-oriented with strong prospect hunting expertise
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly evolving and growing environment where responsibilities and position scope may change
- Positive approach, self-motivated and strong in building relationships
- Must have Canadian citizenship or work visa for Canada
- Travel up to 20% within Canada and international
Please respond with a cover letter and resume by applying on our website at https://vitaliset.com/contact/careers/senior-marketing-manager/. Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. We look forward to reviewing your application!
We are working on-site and taking proper steps to maintain a clean, distanced and safe work environment, to the highest standards possible. All staff will need to be respectful of our COVID-19 precautions and follow them without fail.
Competitive base salary + Healthcare + Annual Leave + Discretionary Bonus